News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disappointing today but....

Author Topic: Disappointing today but....  (Read 3138 times)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »

if you had said we'd take 9pts from the next 4 games before Cambridge we'd have all jumped at that.....Lads must be knackered with all the games that we are playing now and so no disgrace today....Lets come back and win that next game, its a big one!  Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointing today but....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »

Yep, Grays at home Tuesday a biggie. There Trophy Semi at Stevenage has just gone into extra time, can only benefit us at least. Something on Tuesday would be good as Stevenage next Satd is traditonally not a happy hunting ground.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 05:21:35 PM »

Yeah, we need to get something from the Grays game....can't hurt that they've gone to ET.  Not expecting much next Sat so lets get it done v Grays.  Looking at other results today it could have been worse as well for us.  I see Vics lost 3-4 on agg.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »

Southport are out of it now in my view. Stalebuns getting a point at York is very dissapointing. That club do us no favours, losing to Tamworth at home, drawing with Stafford and of course taking 6 points off us, gits. A key equaliser for Crawley vs Cambridge in the last minute helps out.  We need to do the business against Grays on Tuesday now though.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 05:33:22 PM »

They were good today but important that we get something v grays as stevenage will be tough.dont want to go on a 3 game losing streak -i dont think oneill on the right is the answer , lawton for me is best option there.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »

Overall I would have taken 1pt against Oxford, so yes a bit upset that after they scored we never really looked like scoring (before they scored we looked the better).

That was Munro's worst game for approx 6 months, bit anyway he's been quality so  I can forgive 1 bad game.

Gray's on Tues is massive.

Where was Band today?

Full time and proud of it

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »

This was one of those games you write off at the start of the season....no matter what sort of form they are in,Oxford should be coming to Moss Lane expecting 3pts.Quite often we prove teams like that wrong,but today was probably one game too far,after the efforts of the previous 3.

The game itself,we didnt do a lot wrong but 2 mistakes and we're 2 down (1st one seemed wind assisted,the 2nd player left with a free header).With a little luck,who knows how it turned out.

Onwards to Tuesday,a difficult but winnable game.Hopefully defeat in ET damages their confidence.Also good that results went our way today (bar Tamworth,would had preferred a draw).

As for Band,I believe he hadn't been able to eat for a few days,hence why he was an unused sub.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 08:31:46 PM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »

Fully agree we struggled today but the scoreline flattered Oxford.

They did close us down quickly. Lets move onto Grays, a more winnable game.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »

Fully agree we struggled today but the scoreline flattered Oxford.

How on earth can you say that?

They missed two absolute sitters in the second half....and we couldn't even manage a single shot on target!

Frankly, I was relieved that our goal difference didn't suffer further damage
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »

Totally outplayed today by a bigger, better side, but not embarrassed. They were so well organised and physically strong (particularly at the back and in midfield) that we simply were'nt allowed to play. We should look forward to the game on Tuesday, which will be hard, but is at least winnable. Thought Warren Peyton did very well for us on the left and that their right wing back Ancelet was the best all round player I've seen in the Conference.
AltyBri

markecky

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »

We never turned up yesterday and looked tired and jaded.  Not even sure if we created a chance.

Add that to an Oxford side who were well up for it and you have the 3-0 defeat.  Could have been more but its not one of the games I was expecting anything from.

Onwards to Tuesday..forget it and move on.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team