PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right 10 games in .....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Right 10 games in .....  (Read 5037 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Right 10 games in .....
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

as I have stated previously I am probably one of the most level headed and 'supportive' Altrincham fans you'll get. 'll stick up for the club til my death and sometimes this gets me in trouble but thats only cos I care.

Basically I don't go to alty cos I want to anymore, I go cos I have to... 30mins before kick off and the team is known you can just see everyone think "why are we here"

I honestly believe we have the players to COMPETE in this league. We are PART TIME so therefore are going to tire towards the end so why do we try and contain and hit teams for the last 15mins (when we have the chance). Surely be better to try and get on top of teams early doors ?

i also keep hearing this "contain teams for as long as possible and stay in the game " and comments that if anyone suggest we should attack teams that they know nothing about this league.. Well 3pts from 10 games shows that "Containing" IS NOT working is it ?

I do not expect us to beat everyone but I expect us to compete and want to win games. Is that too much to want ?

If we lose on Saturday then changes need to happen before its too late. Simple as.

DarrenH

Re: Right 10 games in .....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »

No arguements there.
Think this is an opinion that is becoming more and more widespread as the games go on.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 09:44:01 PM »

as I have stated previously I am probably one of the most level headed and 'supportive' Altrincham fans you'll get. 'll stick up for the club til my death and sometimes this gets me in trouble but thats only cos I care.

Basically I don't go to alty cos I want to anymore, I go cos I have to... 30mins before kick off and the team is known you can just see everyone think "why are we here"

I honestly believe we have the players to COMPETE in this league. We are PART TIME so therefore are going to tire towards the end so why do we try and contain and hit teams for the last 15mins (when we have the chance). Surely be better to try and get on top of teams early doors ?

i also keep hearing this "contain teams for as long as possible and stay in the game " and comments that if anyone suggest we should attack teams that they know nothing about this league.. Well 3pts from 10 games shows that "Containing" IS NOT working is it ?

I do not expect us to beat everyone but I expect us to compete and want to win games. Is that too much to want ?

If we lose on Saturday then changes need to happen before its too late. Simple as.

you have it spot on gary apart from a win sat not a draw

tinnyalty

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »

you have it spot on gary apart from a win sat not a draw

Totally agree time for a change its either THE MANAGER or THE TACTICS....you decide  ???

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »

absolutely agree! spot on ! saturday is a huge game for graham now !

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:56:50 PM »

We couldn't ask for a better fixture on Saturday - if GH is ever going to go after a team surely it's Droylsden at home.  We need him to go for it and the players to respond, hopefully the tactics will then be carried to Crawley and away we go.

louise1925

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »

I would have agreed with this, but at some point in the second half I saw GH cup his ear to some comments from Alty fans behind the goal. Basically, I think to gesture like this to fans who have a right to express their opinions is the last straw for me. Before tonights game I wanted to give him until Saturday to turn things round, but the man has quite simply lost the plot and I'm not sure he has our best interests at heart anymore. He should resign now and give Dalton and/or Colin a little time to prepare for the massive 6-pointer on Saturday.
Joe O'Neil up front by himself, I ask you!!!

DarrenH

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »

I am scared !!!
A certain Mr Redfearn is looking for another club to destroy. Are we not better of with what we know ?
Who is going to come in ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:40:03 PM by DarrenH »

tinnyalty

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 10:40:17 PM »

I am scared !!!
A certain Mr Redfearn is looking for another club to destroy. Are we not better of with what we know ?
Who is going to come in ?

Ken McKenna ??  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hes is going to be our Roy Keane  ;)

DarrenH

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »

Yeah but to repeat thread after thread what type of money is Ken on at TNS ?
What constraints does he have to work to in a lower league ?
Somewhere along the line sentiment has to be taken out of the equation and a serious and sensible footballing decision made IMO.

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »

I would have agreed with this, but at some point in the second half I saw GH cup his ear to some comments from Alty fans behind the goal. Basically, I think to gesture like this to fans who have a right to express their opinions is the last straw for me. Before tonights game I wanted to give him until Saturday to turn things round, but the man has quite simply lost the plot and I'm not sure he has our best interests at heart anymore. He should resign now and give Dalton and/or Colin a little time to prepare for the massive 6-pointer on Saturday.
Joe O'Neil up front by himself, I ask you!!!

You expect to be able to scream abuse at GH or whoever from the stand and not get any back? I know that fans have a right to an opinion however if you want to be abusive, be preared to get a bit back.

Is it really helpful for a player going off to hear a comment like "get off you peice of ****" or similar shouted at O'Neil as he made his way off? He may not be having a great run of form at the moment, but that kind of abuse is unneccessary and unhelpful. However, had he had a go back some on here would moan about it.

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 11:00:58 PM »

The fella GH was gesturing at was merely pointing out that the substitutions were 15 minutes too late! Any abusive words directed at him came after the ears were cupped. I took GH's actions as meaning 'hey, I couldn't give a s*** what you think'. I agree there was no need for the abuse directed at Joe O'Neil as he came off - that was a shame.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »

The fella GH was gesturing at was merely pointing out that the substitutions were 15 minutes too late! Any abusive words directed at him came after the ears were cupped. I took GH's actions as meaning 'hey, I couldn't give a s*** what you think'. I agree there was no need for the abuse directed at Joe O'Neil as he came off - that was a shame.

I wasn't there tonight so can't comment directly on what went on. Comments like the one directed at Joe are totally out of order and unnecessary. However, to gesture like that towards a paying customer merely venting their frustration at a substitution is, to my mind, like sticking two fingers up in their face, especially when they are paying the amount of money they are every week to watch the drivel being served up to them.

penfold

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

Im so glad that game was not shown on tv now! it was awful, well words cant really describle how bad it was.

However, saturday is a must win game for us now, if we dont win we are definatly out of our depth in this league.
 I also couldnt help notice a few fan's giving GH stick, yes i agree the tactics for tonights game were not the best, but come on how many people would have been as commited as he has been to stay at the club for the lenght of time with the little funds we have. Money is our main issue we havent got any to bring in the players like other teams can in this league, so its take it or leave it for us. So really think about it? GH has kept us hear for a few seasons now, with no money and not the strongest of squads so please lets all get behind him and the players on saturday an make it a win for us.

If he does resign i wont be suprised if the club faces more issues!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 05:34:09 AM »

Last night Altrincham attacked and attacked, and you couldn't fault them for trying to go forward at every opportunity, but good chances were missed, too many aimless balls, too many passes going astray, and the game was lost because of two defensive howlers at a time when Cambridge had barely (if at all) had an attempt on goal. Logan's running at defenders was the best part of it, but it seems he doesn't have a finish in him.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right 10 games in .....