PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances and Sat
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Attendances and Sat  (Read 5379 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Attendances and Sat
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:31:14 AM »

Attendances this season are down 100-200 so far on last season this could be because of holidays, price increase, poor start or at worst a drop in interest do people think after our last two decent performances we will see people returning and have any City UTd fans taken advantage of the offer on Sat?

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Attendances and Sat
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »

Have had a few emails from interested City and United fans but not a lot. Radio Manchester have apparently been plugging it and Channel M should be giving it a mention on their football show tomorrow night (someone will be at Moss Lane today doing interviews apparently).

Is the club still running the "featured club" scheme now we've got the kids teams? I would think they used to add a decent number onto the attendances so if they are not coming anymore that could explain things a bit. Other than that, I genuinely think that things like holidays haven't helped.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »

I think it's the 'floaters' who are missing.
The core support seems to be up to me.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

It's  obvious that the Golf Road and Popular side have been quite sparse so far this season but I am confident that the team can start playing some top attacking football at home and pull the punters back.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »

Alas, it's easier to lose 'casual' supporters than it is to retain or gain them.

Three home defeats will have deterred those who are not already committed to the Alty cause.

A win over a higher profile team such as Oxford United on Saturday would probably get their attention again and might then tempt some of them along to the Cambridge United match....if only so that they can appear on TV!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »

Alas, it's easier to lose 'casual' supporters than it is to retain or gain them.

Three home defeats will have deterred those who are not already committed to the Alty cause.

A win over a higher profile team such as Oxford United on Saturday would probably get their attention again and might then tempt some of them along to the Cambridge United match....if only so that they can appear on TV!
[/b]

It would seem you spoke too soon.  ;)

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:21:16 PM »

Have had a few emails from interested City and United fans but not a lot. Radio Manchester have apparently been plugging it and Channel M should be giving it a mention on their football show tomorrow night (someone will be at Moss Lane today doing interviews apparently).

Is the club still running the "featured club" scheme now we've got the kids teams? I would think they used to add a decent number onto the attendances so if they are not coming anymore that could explain things a bit. Other than that, I genuinely think that things like holidays haven't helped.

I was wondering that, there seems to have been no featured club at any of the home matches thus far

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »

Attendances this season are down 100-200 so far on last season this could be because of holidays, price increase, poor start or at worst a drop in interest do people think after our last two decent performances we will see people returning and have any City UTd fans taken advantage of the offer on Sat?
It's  obvious that the Golf Road and Popular side have been quite sparse so far this season but I am confident that the team can start playing some top attacking football at home and pull the punters back.

Home games so far:

last season          this season   
Exeter                   1,100                     1,318

Grays                     829                        807

Aldershot              2,005                      991       

The exeter attendance was up 19%. Grays was down 3%, whilst against aldershot it was down by 51% (due to it being last season's final game.

However last season's first three games attracted total attendance of 2876 (Stevanage 1035, St Albans 890, Dagenham 951), whilst this season has the first 3 games generated 3116 (UP 8% on last year's first three games).

The team's performances have improved over the last two games, and should see more people coming to moss lane. Remember we still have  the bigger clubs to come and the derby games against witton victoria and East Manchester.

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:52:48 PM »

Another thing. Grays last season was on a tuesday night. This season was on a saturday.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 10:11:12 PM »

I was wondering that, there seems to have been no featured club at any of the home matches thus far

I believe its something to do with the school holidays it will soon be back to normal with kids running around
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »

From The Website:

After the summer holidays, Altrincham FC are pleased to announce their first visitors under the Featured Club scheme will be children from Stamford Park Junior School at the Oxford game on Saturday. This popular scheme has been extended for this season to include schools and other youth groups as well as teams from the Timperley and District Junior Football League.

So there we go.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 02:39:08 PM »

Poor kids...the Stamford Park Junior school tour..thats how I got addicted in 1986 and look at the state of me now.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »

The Featured Club scheme is a brilliant initiative and barring the obvious long-term health issues highlighted above by Ecky it is exactly the right approach. Dana Laidlar deserves a lot of credit for her continued efforts in co-ordinating this scheme and I think the attendances will receive a much needed boost as a result of this.

Here's a question though: Are the kids who play for our new youth teams entitled to come to first team games for free or do they still have to pay?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »

Here's a question though: Are the kids who play for our new youth teams entitled to come to first team games for free or do they still have to pay?

I believe they all have psses with there picture on that entitles them free entry to the ground.
@AltyDaz

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »

I believe they all have psses with there picture on that entitles them free entry to the ground.

That's brilliant, especially if their parents have to pay to come in with them!  :)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances and Sat