News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refs in this league

Author Topic: Refs in this league  (Read 2709 times)

RocketDan

Refs in this league
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

Are pretty poor, they either never listen to thier "assistants" or listen to them too much.
Most refs this season have little control and are influenced too much by players and fans.

I thought the ref at Aldershot should have given us more than we got, maybe even the handball at the end, but he just bottled it.

York was a joke, there is no way the Lino could have seen that "the whole ball had crossed the line" for their first goal and chris seniors goal was valid, so in my opinion we should be looking at a 3-1 win.

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Refs in this league
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »

in my opinion we should be looking at a 3-1 win.

What's the point? We're not going to get one are we?

I think as a general rule bad refs are bad for both sides and although we sometimes perceive refs as being biased or one-sided I don't believe this to be true. Over the course of a season some bad decisions will go in our favour and some will go against us (I don't recall many complaints about Eddie Hussin's "hand of god" equaliser against Droylsden). However, we must try to avoid blaming referees for every single thing that goes against us because it just makes us look really bitter and twisted. Strangely enough, the BBC York commentators in the last ten minutes of the game were saying that the ref seemed to be giving everything our way. It's just dependant on your point of view I suppose, but once the lads start picking up wins (which they will do if they keep up the recent good work) I think we'll become far less concerned with referees in general.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:08:54 AM by Ideas 4 Alty »

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »

Sometimes it not the best refs who get promoted through the leagues. It is in my opinion, It's  the ones who say the right things and do the right things , policicty, that get promoted. You have got to look at the premiership refs to see that. How have Riley and Steve Bennett have got to ref European games ahead of more worthy candiates?
They really should be beating teams like us

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »

I believe the whole debate about refs is a valid one to have. Quite clearly, Mr. Richardson on Saturday wasn't at the races and I have no doubt that his performances will eventually get noticed by the authorities. Mr. Waugh on the other hand, our next official v Oxford is a class act and hopefully we won't be talking about refs come Sunday morning. It is obviously in everyones best interests to scrap refs such as Mr. Richardson and the one who officiated (or spoilt I should say!) our home game v Crawley last season. Believe it or not, there aren't so many of them. I thought the refs for each of our games until Aldershot were pretty decent actually. Anyway, enough about refs now...

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »

The ref's have been having major off days in the conference for as long as i can remember. We just have to live with this.

We have had little opportunity to review our opinions in the past. Now that we can see just how bad decisions were on setanta maybe the reffing issue will be highlighted and addressed, or maybe we'll realise that the fans get it wrong as much as the ref? who knows?

There's no way you can say it was a 3-1 win. If one goal gets chalked off for them, having not crossed the line, they might come out in the 2nd half play their socks off and pan us 5-1. If one decision is changed every kick after that would be different.

I think we should be delighted with another point on the road. Looking at our results, we're not actually an easy team to beat. Lets focus on that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »

My mates a Ref,quiet often he is 4 offical in Dv1 or 2,so cannot say to much i know he was hated whenever he used to ref at yeovil when they were in the conferance
Harold

Foz

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:25:25 PM »

Quite clearly, Mr. Richardson on Saturday wasn't at the races and I have no doubt that his performances will eventually get noticed by the authorities. Mr. Waugh on the other hand, our next official v Oxford is a class act and hopefully we won't be talking about refs come Sunday morning. It is obviously in everyones best interests to scrap refs such as Mr. Richardson and the one who officiated (or spoilt I should say!) our home game v Crawley last season. Believe it or not, there aren't so many of them. I thought the refs for each of our games until Aldershot were pretty decent actually. Anyway, enough about refs now...

Mr Richardson on saturday did ok, he controlled the game reasonably, and didn't seem to me to do anything dreadful. The 'decisions' he didn't give that you wanted probably would have been harsh on Aldershot to have given. The whalley incident was a foul (IMO) but it was not blatent. It was very noticable to me that very few players were arguing about the lack of decision.

The Hand ball could never have been given. The ref would have to have been able to see straight through the man to see where it hit him. If he had have given it he would have been guessing!

The 'kick out' at Monroe was difficult to see, i would suggest that the ref saw what happened far better than any of us...he was about 3 foot away! I suspect he felt that monroe overreacted to pretty much nothing.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:36:34 PM »

Are you Mr. Richardson Foz, because quite clearly you possess his 'eyes'. He got nearly everything wrong for BOTH teams iin the second half and resorted to poor guessing at the end. The push on Munroe was blatant and seen by everyone, but him apparently and to not have seen the handball at the end must surely result in an eye test in the near future. There were also decisions which went against Aldershot. I'm not suggesting he was biased, just really poor. The ref for our next game had an excellent game when we played Shots last season. Perhaps he has only been chosen for the Oxford game, because it is Oxford - I don't know how these things work, but I suspect you will see a massive difference from Mr. Richardson. Anyway, let's wait and see.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »

You really do seem to have a major issue with Mr Richardson, could you perhaps tell us all why?

Over the past two or three seasons he has been no better than most officials at ML and no worse than a good number either.

I'm sorry if I seem to have a major bee in the bonnet over this but NO official would guess either well or poorly and you must remember that the Ref (and his Assistants) will not have seen any incident the same way as you have purely because they were not standing where you were at the time.

Again, and I apologise for repeating an oft repeated comment, before you slate people why not try to do it yourself????? The I'm not that daft argument won't wash I'm afraid!!

Like it or not without Match Officials there would be no game - FACT!!

There was a mantra espoused by the Military during various conflicts along the lines of don't ask others to do what you'll not do yourself...I'll paraphrase that..Don't slaughter people for doing something you're not prepared to try yourself
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Refs in this league