News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fylde pubs

Author Topic: Fylde pubs  (Read 2554 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fylde pubs
« on: August 24, 2023, 11:44:19 AM »

Worked in Kirkham in the early 90s when Fylde were a pub team (K&W), but have never visited Mill Farm. Are there any pubs around or a train stop-off beforehand ?

Notice we have been allocated the concourse bar....which after York away, I would prefer to boycott on the grounds they provide very poor customer experience in relation to money exchanged for a drink.....just my view. Can understand it where large numbers  of away supporters are regularly expected (football league).
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde pubs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 08:15:38 PM »

I went to see Kirkham & Wesham a few years later when they played on a roped off pitch right by the station,but they won the West Lancashire League (same level as  our reserves play) every season.

For pubs near the ground, the Stanley Arms en route from the station in Wesham is probably your best bet, which is okay, if not particularly special
Alternatively, there are two micropubs in Kirkham, which means heading in the opposite direction from the ground from the station. Tje Kirkham Bier Haus has already welcomed away fans, while the Tap & Vent Brewhouse is normally closed on Mondays, but seems to be open on Bank Holidays. I don't know for sure if it's open on Monday, but both of these  look walkable, albeit a longer walk, to Mil Farm.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde pubs
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:41:08 AM »

Thanks SH
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fylde pubs