News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanzone

Author Topic: Fanzone  (Read 2923 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fanzone
« on: August 19, 2023, 06:30:43 PM »

Love the area.

But, in reality we want more fans in the ground so we need  1 hut for food and 2 huts for beer to sustain the demand.

If it can't be done, just keep both for ale.

Would be great to have both but money wise, two huts pouring pints would make the money and less queuing.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fanzone
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 08:25:05 PM »

Revenue was definitely lost today with many people opting not to queue up for 15-20 minutes to get a beer.

I can only imagine the chaos when we get a decent sized crowd in.  It really needs to be twice as big. I would suggest I kiosk for food, 2 kiosks for beer and an extra one that can be brought into use on the busiest days.

I realise that space is an issue but could we not look at expanding upwards.  Perhaps something like a Mezzanine steel structure with steps leading up to a seating area.   

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 08:14:15 AM »

Might I suggest that a table selling cans of real
Ale is deployed in the fanzone at half time to ease congestion. Decent cans and a stack of plastic glasses. They will fly out if people don’t want to queue for the actual
Hand pull bar.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 10:43:00 AM »

Revenue was definitely lost today with many people opting not to queue up for 15-20 minutes to get a beer.

I can only imagine the chaos when we get a decent sized crowd in.  It really needs to be twice as big. I would suggest I kiosk for food, 2 kiosks for beer and an extra one that can be brought into use on the busiest days.

I realise that space is an issue but could we not look at expanding upwards.  Perhaps something like a Mezzanine steel structure with steps leading up to a seating area.

Now then... On first blush after I wrote this I thought that it was a reasonable idea. After 2nd blush following a good night sleep I think not.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 11:37:37 AM »

The challenge would be to keep that area out of sight of the pitch, as per current rules.

Raising the screen further might create a bit of an eyesore.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 03:28:26 PM »

Might I suggest that a table selling cans of real
Ale is deployed in the fanzone at half time to ease congestion. Decent cans and a stack of plastic glasses. They will fly out if people don’t want to queue for the actual
Hand pull bar.

Seconded. A quick can of ale is better than a long wait for a draught, especially when you have to down it to catch second half kick off
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanzone