PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough  (Read 14161 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 07:42:08 PM »

Remarkable really, a fan owned club who are so poor they were successful in applying for the second tranche of Covid money because without it they would have gone bust again. 

And yet they've got a massive squad on big wages

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:01 PM »

Isn't Chesterfield more local for him? This one has danger written all over it (the Oldham one never had legs); he'd be in League Two either this year or next.

However IF it happens - and I'd love him to stay - then I remind everyone of when we banked a fee for John Johnston and replaced him with Elliot Durell, Dan Mooney and Josh Lundstram on loan.

If selling up is what's required to allow us to regenerate and go another step, that's sadly what we have to do.
Is it more local?.....NO

I can assure you that Burslem to Knutsford is much easier than the journey to Chesterfield...albeit it can be done in an hour via Uttoxeter and Derby

Ah yeah, I think I knew it was Burslem actually. Fair enough, I know he used to be over Donny way didnt he.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 07:49:08 PM »

Isn't Chesterfield more local for him? This one has danger written all over it (the Oldham one never had legs); he'd be in League Two either this year or next.

However IF it happens - and I'd love him to stay - then I remind everyone of when we banked a fee for John Johnston and replaced him with Elliot Durell, Dan Mooney and Josh Lundstram on loan.

If selling up is what's required to allow us to regenerate and go another step, that's sadly what we have to do.
Is it more local?.....NO

I can assure you that Burslem to Knutsford is much easier than the journey to Chesterfield...albeit it can be done in an hour via Uttoxeter and Derby

Ah yeah, I think I knew it was Burslem actually. Fair enough, I know he used to be over Donny way didnt he.

I think that's when he was at SC**thorpe?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 07:59:57 PM »

I hadn't made the connection between Ryan and current Chesterfield manager Paul Cook.

He was the Wigan manager that agreed to take him off at half time to see the birth of his son (after scoring twice) when that story went viral a few years ago.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 08:01:31 PM »

I will be surprised if he is still at Alty by the end of this transfer window, if teams like Chesterfield come calling then I suppose he will have his head turned.. he would cope admirably in any team in this league.

Worth remembering there's no window for us and Chesterfield - they can take him whenever they want, and could have done previously.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2023, 08:05:01 PM »

I will be surprised if he is still at Alty by the end of this transfer window, if teams like Chesterfield come calling then I suppose he will have his head turned.. he would cope admirably in any team in this league.

Worth remembering there's no window for us and Chesterfield - they can take him whenever they want, and could have done previously.

I don't think they'll want to pay a big fee but will probably be lining him up for next season - especially if they go up. I think they're playing the long game (hopefully) 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 08:16:10 PM »

Is it more local?.....NO

Not sure Ryan has passed his test.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 09:59:24 PM »

Is it more local?.....NO

[/quote
Yes not a bad journey over from Donny.....you are right, he was apparantly based there at one time
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 10:15:49 PM »

However they have just got the FA Cup 3rd Round, and could be planning to bolster and catch Wrexham
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 11:33:38 PM »

There is no guarentee in Chesterfield getting into the league in the next 2 seasons, so I would hope Ryan would be looking at a much better placed club; he is good enough.

But, as has been pointed out, money talks!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 12:29:43 PM »

Derbyshire Times says it is a done deal and talks about a debut on 21 Jan !!
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 01:19:45 PM »

Any chance of  getting ccc on a permanent now ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 01:47:15 PM »

Any chance of  getting ccc on a permanent now ?

I expect Fleetwood would want to hang on to him. If so, let’s hope we can extend his loan until the end of this season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2023, 01:56:03 PM »

Derbyshire Times says it is a done deal and talks about a debut on 21 Jan !!

I think we were all expecting/dreading it. Very disappointing, to say the least, if true. 🙄

I still believe his best option would have been to wait till he was out of contract and secure a deal with a League club. He's deserving of so much better than Chesterfield.

We'll see. All the talk has come from the press upto now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough