PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salvation is at hand - Crawley
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Salvation is at hand - Crawley  (Read 4882 times)

highwayman

Re: Salvation is at hand - Crawley
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »

FROM TODAY'S BBC WEBSITE

Crawley stay silent on new owners 

The sale of Crawley Town has been signed but no details are being released about the new owners.
The new consortium has completed the majority of its due diligence and the formalities should be completed by the end of the current season.

Chairman Vic Marley told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "The new owners want to make a big impact when its all sorted.

"We will concur with their wishes. You don't want any announcement that will give you bad luck."

Marley did confirm that the completion of the sale will see the departure of the Majeed family as owners.

The consortium also has some local representation as Marley added: "Its a diverse group, a little bit of local and a little bit of not.

I'm aware fans have had enough of the financial instability

Crawley Town chairman Vic Marley

"I welcome the opportunity to work with these people and take the club forward."

Marley continued: "The plan is to take us forward into the Football League. "There will be some investment, yes. But only on a prudent basis. You only have to look around you and see the problems at Rotherham and Halifax."

Marley has also assured fans that a new winding up petition against the club will be paid before the hearing takes place.

"Its all in hand," he said. "You don't pay a bill you don't think is right. Our accounts department have been in talks with HMRC and we are now putting the funds in place to pay it.

"I'm aware fans have had enough of the financial instability. We are all looking forward to putting all those frustrations behind, and taking the club on."

altyf

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25:43 PM »

FROM TODAY'S BBC WEBSITE

Crawley stay silent on new owners 

The sale of Crawley Town has been signed but no details are being released about the new owners.
The new consortium has completed the majority of its due diligence and the formalities should be completed by the end of the current season.

Chairman Vic Marley told BBC Southern Counties Radio: "The new owners want to make a big impact when its all sorted.

"We will concur with their wishes. You don't want any announcement that will give you bad luck."

Marley did confirm that the completion of the sale will see the departure of the Majeed family as owners.

The consortium also has some local representation as Marley added: "Its a diverse group, a little bit of local and a little bit of not.

I'm aware fans have had enough of the financial instability

Crawley Town chairman Vic Marley

"I welcome the opportunity to work with these people and take the club forward."

Marley continued: "The plan is to take us forward into the Football League. "There will be some investment, yes. But only on a prudent basis. You only have to look around you and see the problems at Rotherham and Halifax."
Marley has also assured fans that a new winding up petition against the club will be paid before the hearing takes place.

"Its all in hand," he said. "You don't pay a bill you don't think is right. Our accounts department have been in talks with HMRC and we are now putting the funds in place to pay it.

"I'm aware fans have had enough of the financial instability. We are all looking forward to putting all those frustrations behind, and taking the club on."

How can he have the nerve to say that...surely they are one of the clubs in trouble and to only name Halifax and Rotherham as if they themselves haven't done anything wrong is scandalous...3 seasons or more it has been going on now!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »

Cheeky b*stards..

altho Marley has also assured fans that a new winding up petition against the club as apposed to all the 'old' ones that they have had ...

How come suddenly disagreed with tax owed where as last statement advised cheque was just ready to be posted ??.. Stalling tactics and as Ecky said its just funny how they have got Evans on a new contract and now said this in the same day. VERY VERY suspect.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

"It's like a pantomime"

Ohhh no it isn't!

Look out, We're behind you!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »

But only on a prudent basis. You only have to look around you and see the problems at Rotherham and Halifax."

That sentence just jumped out at me before i read anyone elses response - i cant believe they even said that. Cheeky Monkeys

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »

Anyone know what other BSP fans & teams think of Crawley?

chrisrufc

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

It's amazing that they keep getting out of trouble relatively unscathed....meanwhile we've made 2 members of staff redundant on the first day of administration and rumoured to be asking other staff to take a 50% pay cut during admin because our inexperienced chairman was niave with his budgeting (IMO).

I think it's unfair that some people on here presume we're cheats because we've gone into admin, I'm fairly sure we're not above the wage cap.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

Totally unbelievable that they continually loose money and keep going.

Unfortunately it is rife through most of the leagues.

Justice one day?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salvation is at hand - Crawley