PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How long is this experiment lasting?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How long is this experiment lasting?  (Read 7681 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 09, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »

Some how inexplicably we still aren't dead this afternoon with everyone else losing. Get a firebrand new short term manager on that bloody coach on Tuesday, this is absolutely unacceptable. Whimpering to relegation here, doesn't have to be superstar, just something fresh, it's still retrievable

scott tompson

Re: How long is this experiment lasting?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »

Agreed. Bromley were more or less trying to give us the win. One of the worst Alty teams I have ever seen. Even more worrying however that Moult had to go off, hope it was just a slight knock.

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »

We would still need to win at Torquay, beat Welling and get at least a point at Eastleigh/Braintree

It ain't happening

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 05:38:24 PM »

We would still need to win at Torquay, beat Welling and get at least a point at Eastleigh/Braintree

It ain't happening

Why so? Borehamwood are running out of games and Guiseley can't buy a win. We only have to get above those two.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 05:44:32 PM »

It ain't happening

Why so? Borehamwood are running out of games and Guiseley can't buy a win. We only have to get above those two.

Don't rule out Chester yet either

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »

It ain't happening

everybody above us will win another game yet, so we need two wins at least, Guiseley and Boreham have each other to play. Guiseley will beat already safe Torquay on last day and Boreham will beat welling

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »

For the 100th time this season, to quote my good friend Captain John Patrick Mason (Her majesty's SAS ret)

'Your "best"??!! Losers always whine about their "best"! Winners go home and f**k the prom queen!'

BE BOLD ALTRINCHAM

Inspired figure at the front of that coach for Tuesday, it can still be saved this, with decisive brave action,
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:48:42 PM by Hornswoggle »

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »

It ain't happening

Don't rule out Chester yet either
Chester will beat Welling, Halifax will beat Macc on last day

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »

Defensively speaking we aren't too far off at the moment but I'd give anything for a fit Nicky Clee on the left. Lacking in the final 3rd so much and without Gino we'd be even more toothless up top. So many stray and aimless balls it's ridiculous and I think as soon as Moult went off we looked a lot more susceptible on the break.

Would consider starting rankine and reeves on Tuesday but I still think Lawrie is much more effective when he plays in behind the forwards and I like Gino on the right then drifting inside when we attack, looks dangerous.

In fact it might not be a terrible idea to play Gino off rankine. At least that way someone with a bit of pace may get on the end of one of those flick ons

arnald

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 06:02:37 PM »

It aint over yet but it seems like
 it gutted

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »

It aint over yet but it seems like
 it gutted

7 points will do it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »

To answer your original question: all the way into the Vanarama National North and beyond, as long as the chairman is making employment decisions based on affability rather than ability.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »

What a throughly depressing game 2 very poor teams hoof hoof hoof
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »

Agreed. Bromley were more or less trying to give us the win. One of the worst Alty teams I have ever seen. Even more worrying however that Moult had to go off, hope it was just a slight knock.

I wouldn't say that was true. Bromley missed a number of very presentable chances and were robust at the back. They certainly did not roll over for us today.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

this is from the main site
Alty now face a must-win home game with Bromley on Saturday, and caretaker-manager Tolson said, 'I don't know how many times I've gone into the changing room and said one mistake has cost us the game, and it has happened again. We have played well, looked comfortable, created chances and scored a great goal to go in front but still lost, and the players are devastated.

'They are distraught in there, but it's the job of myself and Matt Doughty to pick them up, because there are still 15 points to play for.
'I will pick myself up. I have been in football long enough to deal with this and be ready for the next game. Sometimes you go away and question yourself, but I'm thinking "No, there's not a lot wrong".
'If there was, I'm a big enough and brave enough person to go and have a chat with the chairman and say "You know what? I'm out of my depth here". But I'm not, and I know for a fact I'm not. I know for a fact we are not a million miles away. We are a good footballing team who just need a bit of luck here and there and we'll be fine.

No, we don't need luck - we need goals - and we need wins. Tolson's regime is a firework that had its fuse lit and didn't explode. What do we do now? Leave it? Pick it up and chuck it on the bonfire or in a bucket of water?

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team