PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Torquay Match Thread  (Read 10498 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2022, 01:59:59 PM »

The post-match thoughts of Gary Johnson:

https://torquayunited.com/gaffer-reacts-to-altrincham-point/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2022, 05:30:39 PM »

Given that right back and holding midfield have both been real issues, I'm surprised we haven't gone back for Harry Perritt who was excellent in both roles.

I think he liked it here, and he's not in the picture at Accrington where he only gets a game in the EFL Trophy. He'd be a very welcome return.
A young apprentice who works wirh me is Harry's best mate.....I will put in a request tomorrow
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2022, 07:17:04 PM »

Given that right back and holding midfield have both been real issues, I'm surprised we haven't gone back for Harry Perritt who was excellent in both roles.

I think he liked it here, and he's not in the picture at Accrington where he only gets a game in the EFL Trophy. He'd be a very welcome return.
A young apprentice who works wirh me is Harry's best mate.....I will put in a request tomorrow

Tell him to ask Kyle Ferguson if he wants to come back also.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2022, 09:34:50 PM »

Just watching the game I recorded from last night .. that pen was a fkn disgrace. Dinanga  is bone idle he hardly challenges for the ball in the air
I’m amazed he gets in the bloody team, time to give Goodson a run

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2022, 10:22:39 PM »

Watched it on BT, watched the highlights on BT and listened to Parky on BT and a longer interview on the NL twitter post. Then watched ALty TV highlights. We can all see the positives and negatives. I'm interested to see how Parky pulls this around. The naivety of the team is so worrying. Let's hope the team thats picked for Tuesday has learnt some lessons from Saturday and implements the remedies.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2022, 11:10:18 PM »

I’ve just listened to the interview with PP on twitter, he said we have the youngest team in the league, well may I suggest you get some experienced players as well.

He also said they were naive and are still learning, well I hope the manager also learns something from the first half decision to let Dinanga take a penalty when you have one of the better players in the league whose been taking them all season, he has this obsession in bigging up Dinanga, ..

Sometimes the decision making on certain priorities of the club really pisses me off.

Rant over.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »

Does anyone know why PP wouldn't tell BT what Mullarkeys' injury is?
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »

Does anyone know why PP wouldn't tell BT what Mullarkeys' injury is?

I guess keeps the opposition guessing over availability going forwards maybe?

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2022, 11:15:06 AM »

Just watching the game I recorded from last night .. that pen was a fkn disgrace. Dinanga  is bone idle he hardly challenges for the ball in the air
If he isn't bone idle he's certainly not brave. Avoids going in where it's tough and he might get hurt. Opposite end of the spectrum to Hulme. They do offer different things but as a striker you've got to risk getting black and blue and challenging for everything.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

If he isn't bone idle he's certainly not brave. Avoids going in where it's tough and he might get hurt. Opposite end of the spectrum to Hulme. They do offer different things but as a striker you've got to risk getting black and blue and challenging for everything.

Good point this. Whilst a lot of focus understandably on the saved penalty the rebound from a few yards that went over the bar when it was 2-0 to us, Adam Virgo I recall on the BT commentary pointed out if he’d really thrown himself at the ball he would have got a clean strike and a tap in for 3-0.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2022, 12:32:16 PM »

The post-match thoughts of Gary Johnson:

https://torquayunited.com/gaffer-reacts-to-altrincham-point/
I almost fell off my chair at one point. He bordered on hinting the opposition merited some credit.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2022, 01:58:37 PM »

I’ve just listened to the interview with PP on twitter, he said we have the youngest team in the league, well may I suggest you get some experienced players as well.

He also said they were naive and are still learning, well I hope the manager also learns something from the first half decision to let Dinanga take a penalty when you have one of the better players in the league whose been taking them all season, he has this obsession in bigging up Dinanga, ..

Sometimes the decision making on certain priorities of the club really pisses me off.

Rant over.

I'm guessing we all collectively felt sick to the pits of our stomach when Dinanga placed the ball on the spot.

I would have been absolutely flabbergasted if he'd actually scored it.

Scoring run or not, he's the last person I'd back to stick something away given he'd had over 30 seconds to stew over it beforehand.

If only we could airdrop Elliott Durell every game... fella was ice cold from 12 yards.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »

Rant over.

I'm guessing we all collectively felt sick to the pits of our stomach when Dinanga placed the ball on the spot.

Scoring run or not, he's the last person I'd back to stick something away given he'd had over 30 seconds to stew over it beforehand.

If only we could airdrop Elliott Durell every game... fella was ice cold from 12 yards.

I don't think I've ever been confident in a player taking a penalty for Altrincham - maybe Walshaw?. Given Marcus had 5 in 5 and was about to have 6 in 6, I can't personally begrudge a striker being arrogant.

But, this is where we miss an experience captain taking charge.  Jordan should be overulling Marcus and either taking it or getting coclough to take it.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2022, 03:39:24 PM »

Rant over.

I don't think I've ever been confident in a player taking a penalty for Altrincham - maybe Walshaw?. Given Marcus had 5 in 5 and was about to have 6 in 6, I can't personally begrudge a striker being arrogant.

But, this is where we miss an experience captain taking charge.  Jordan should be overulling Marcus and either taking it or getting coclough to take it.

Conn-Clarke seems to have Colclough's swagger, too - they'd be my top two - with Marcus and Jordan, our two actual centre forwards, being bottom of the list...

I reckon Eddy Jones has got a good penalty in him too.

FromAltyToAshford

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »

Thought Osborne was supposed to be a penalty taker. I know he missed one, but it is strange that he doesn't seem to have wanted one since.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread