Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As embarassing as some of our defending this season....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: As embarassing as some of our defending this season....  (Read 3808 times)

markecky

« on: April 01, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »

is the fact the no-one could ever believe a team could actually play better than us, be better than us or have the audacity to beat us even at their own ground.

It has to be us that blows it rather than another team that wins it.  It's all Sinnott and Twiss, never the fact that Nuneaton could possible have some decent players or be fired up to get the points back.

We're Altrincham you see and we have 100 away fans so you must all lie down and roll over.

I'll leave you now to the "sack the lot" posts.

Hamilton

Re: As embarassing as some of our defending this season....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »

is the fact the no-one could ever believe a team could actually play better than us, be better than us or have the audacity to beat us even at their own ground.

It has to be us that blows it rather than another team that wins it.  It's all Sinnott and Twiss, never the fact that Nuneaton could possible have some decent players or be fired up to get the points back.

We're Altrincham you see and we have 100 away fans so you must all lie down and roll over.

I'll leave you now to the "sack the lot" posts.

Goodwin

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »

Spot on, I was saying this all game.

We were pretty much outplayed and definitely outfought in almost every position yesterday.

It says a lot when the most influence I saw from anyone yesterday was a five second long run from Duncan Watmore.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

I don't think losing at Nuneaton is an issue, it's collective results and performances that have been our downfall, 2 points out of 18 on offer against Solihull, gloucester and bishops Stortford for starters.I don't believe anyone expects to win every game, but we should have walked into the top 4 or 5 in this league with our eyes closed.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »

Exactly Ecky, couldn't have put it better myself

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

Why do people think we have a divine right to promotion , the fact is we were never good enought for the last few years  ,  fighting religation in bsp ever since we were last promoted, and woud be doing same if we got back up next season , i always said we would do well to finishin in top ten this season , and before anyone says im lacking in ambition for the club i want to see them at the highest level , as much as the nxt person , but face facts we needed this season for Sinnot to get rid of the dead wood and build for the future , i for one will back him all the way , we still have an outside chance of playoffs , and if we do it that is a bonus , rant over

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »

Nuneaton no.7 was the best player on the pitch by a street yesterday. His contribution was enough to deserve the points on its own. That said, Nuneaton as a whole were competent rather than good, and would not cut any sort of mustard in the division above - mind you, few in the BSBN would stand much chance of surviving in the Premier.
I'm with your basic line of argument 100%, Ecky - there are a number of organised, fairly competent sides in this league and some have sadly underestimated, and still apparently underestimate them.   

joe

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 04:04:36 PM »

I don't think losing at Nuneaton is an issue, it's collective results and performances that have been our downfall, 2 points out of 18 on offer against Solihull, gloucester and bishops Stortford for starters.I don't believe anyone expects to win every game, but we should have walked into the top 4 or 5 in this league with our eyes closed.

This

VofD

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »

Spot on Hughesy. It is the majority crap performances this season that have cost us. >:( >:( >:(

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »

Inconsistency. End of.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

Bsbn will be a tougher league next season, possibly cester and darlo amongst others

decman7

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »

I've seen maybe two teams all season that have been better than us. That's what's so frustrating.

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

Spot on Ecky

John Crewe

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »

yeah how dare us expect to get anything from any away game!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

yeah how dare us expect to get anything from any away game!

It's not about expecting to get anything, it's about thinking we have a divine right to take points, you absolute Colin Peake.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team