News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hailfax

Author Topic: Hailfax  (Read 2191 times)

moousee

Hailfax
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »

This is going to be a disaster if they get it. Squad selection based on votes from people who won't be seeing the players play every week is a bad idea. Fantasy football is a fun game, but there's no way it should be played with real fans clubs! Granted it must be better than folding, but this will end badly for whichever club gets picked...

altyf

Re: Hailfax
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »

Sounds like they're f*cked

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

Do Halifax get bored of being in trouble every season I wonder ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »

This is an interesting one actually. Halifax are going to go down the pan, unfortunately, due to a Scarbore esque blase attitude about therir troubles.

You owe £110k to the taxman and you've gto a winding up order served. 'Oh it'll be alright, the takeover will be sorted and it'll be ok'. What? The 'imminent' takeover that hasn't been sorted for years now? I think a bit more urgency is required.

Now hopefully, it won't come to that and it will at least get sorted. As a football fan, my reaction should be of hearthfelt concern.

I'm ashamed to say it's actually 1) Ooh, 1 less team getting relegated this year 2) Christ we're back down to 1 point 3)What players can we get from them?

Now with regards to what would happen to their players. There are undoubtedly a few I'd like to see here at Moss Lane. Matt Doughty the left back, Adam Quinn the centre half, Campbell the centre forward would be just the ticket. Lewis Killeen is excellent too. However, there are plenty of clubs who'd go and get them first, even full time ones. But then I thought, what does actually happen in this situatuin?

The transfer window has closed, would any of these players be able to actually sign for anyone (other than on non contract terms)? i.e. It's not actually a transfer, I've been banging on about this for ages that someone should take Uefa to court for clear restraint of trade.

Does anybody know?

To end with, I do of course hope that Halifax bang their heads together around a table and sort it all out, not a nice situation at all.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »

This is an interesting one actually. Halifax are going to go down the pan, unfortunately, due to a Scarbore esque blase attitude about therir troubles.

You owe £110k to the taxman and you've gto a winding up order served. 'Oh it'll be alright, the takeover will be sorted and it'll be ok'. What? The 'imminent' takeover that hasn't been sorted for years now? I think a bit more urgency is required.

Now hopefully, it won't come to that and it will at least get sorted. As a football fan, my reaction should be of hearthfelt concern.

I'm ashamed to say it's actually 1) Ooh, 1 less team getting relegated this year 2) Christ we're back down to 1 point 3)What players can we get from them?

Now with regards to what would happen to their players. There are undoubtedly a few I'd like to see here at Moss Lane. Matt Doughty the left back, Adam Quinn the centre half, Campbell the centre forward would be just the ticket. Lewis Killeen is excellent too. However, there are plenty of clubs who'd go and get them first, even full time ones. But then I thought, what does actually happen in this situatuin?

The transfer window has closed, would any of these players be able to actually sign for anyone (other than on non contract terms)? i.e. It's not actually a transfer, I've been banging on about this for ages that someone should take Uefa to court for clear restraint of trade.

Does anybody know?

To end with, I do of course hope that Halifax bang their heads together around a table and sort it all out, not a nice situation at all.

Ballers,

You mean that you wouldn't take Bushell back?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »

Nope, we've cornered the market in largely ineffective midfielders who pass the ball sideways, thanks.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »

Nope, we've cornered the market in largely ineffective midfielders who pass the ball sideways, thanks.

Just need to get Ged Kielty back then....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »

That said, I do think central midfield had been the area we have lacked since our return to the conference. The engine room is not soemhwere where you can get by, i.e playing Peyton at left back for example. You need a conference class driving force and those are hard to find, Thurgood etc. Apart from a spell where Azza and Val blended together well and also Bushell and Chalmers complimented each othe rwell at times, we have struggle dto consistently take a toe hold of games. Val has been superb for us though.

What's Ian Craney doing nowadays?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hailfax