News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First team squad

Author Topic: First team squad  (Read 2828 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
First team squad
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »

GOALKEEPERS
Stuart Coburm

DEFENDERS
Adam Flynn
Mark Lees
Chris Lynch

MIDFIELDERS
Clee
Densmore
Richman
Summerskill

FORWARDS
Lawrie
Redshaw
Reeves
Twiss

YOUTH ON FIRST TEAM FORMS

Reid
Coombes
Fearon
Watmore

Would it be outragous to suggest that we edge our bets and release 2 of the defenders and two of the midfielders and pool what resources we have to really try and bring in quality over quantity, 4 decent defenders and 2 quality midfielders? And make a late bid for that playoff spot

bumble

Re: First team squad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »

We've the 2 defenders on loan until after colwyn game (flynn and hawes)

And Tomsett (CM) until 27th

So I doubt we'll see a CB till after this weekend

I'd hope we can bring in a CM on a permanent basis asap along with two CBs and extended Dodds loan deal

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »

What happened to Connors? is he still training with us?

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »

What happened to Connors? is he still training with us?

Think he went off to have an operation to cure his fitness issues...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »

In my opinion. The major problem are Loan players - we need players who are part of the club and not just here for a month or two - That way the team will bond together and commit better which will in turn (hopefully) make them try that bit harder especially when we play away

I doubt that there are many fans who could put the correct names to all the faces on a team photo at present.

I know money is tight etc but I would like to see more players on the books who dont have the tag "On loan" after there name. 

There is no feeling of permanence with the current squad as nobody is sure how long they will be around.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »

I doubt that there are many fans who could put the correct names to all the faces on a team photo at present.

I've told my kids to start bringing a pen so we can put numbers to names on the programme as the team is announced ! 

To his credit he had one in his pocket away at Droylsden but when I went to get a programme they had sold out!

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »

I've told my kids to start bringing a pen so we can put numbers to names on the programme as the team is announced ! 

To his credit he had one in his pocket away at Droylsden but when I went to get a programme they had sold out!
Obviously only catered for the usual 150 hardy souls. Could anyone, despite our current failings, honestly say they'd go and watch "football" at that sh*t tip every week ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »

Obviously only catered for the usual 150 hardy souls. Could anyone, despite our current failings, honestly say they'd go and watch "football" at that sh*t tip every week ?

Make that "Dog sh*t Tip" (of which I had a large portion on my chuffing shoe when I walked back to car after the game  :(

Robin Reliant

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »

In my opinion. The major problem are Loan players - we need players who are part of the club and not just here for a month or two - That way the team will bond together and commit better which will in turn (hopefully) make them try that bit harder especially when we play away

I know money is tight etc but I would like to see more players on the books who dont have the tag "On loan" after there name. 

There is no feeling of permanence with the current squad as nobody is sure how long they will be around.

I totally agree with you on the subject of loan players.

I assume they're relatively cheap, and so necessary in current financial situation,but we need to build a permanent team if we're to progress.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First team squad