PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proposed new league structure
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Proposed new league structure  (Read 11379 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed new league structure
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »

If the FAs show piece event involves only 40 teams and throws up mouthwatering ties such as Ipswich v palace for the early round sky games i reackon they'd soon back down

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »

English football is unique not saying its better far from it but in some cases you have crowds over 5 thousand in the 5th level of football most leagues in Europe have that in there 2nd division British football is bad because how the kids learn the game on full size pitches to be fair that is changing and in time it will get better

This is a good point, every two years the media scream the system has to be changed, when it'll take a good decade at least for those players to come through. FA need to have balls and say "we've made the changes, now suck it up until they get there."

That said, even if this was going to help, I'd rather the England team stayed at the same quality if this was the price we had to pay.

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »

it's a ludicrous idea that will die because it will be impossible to promote and relegate teams or enter them into the fa cup because they'd end up playing their parent clubs or disappearing into oblivion.......in effect it will become the premeiership reserves league or development league.....of which there is already one, probably full of young foreign talent.....

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »

there was a universal acceptance that a major overhaul was needed to give reserve sides and young, English talent more regular, competitive football

Or the Premier League clubs could just stop buying every foreign player going and play young English players like Lallana, Sterling and the like but they won't.

Just because the top of football is ruined isn't a good enough reason to ruin the rest of it.

This.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »

The report is intended to improve the fortunes of our national team not our national game. Therefore it appears that no consideration has been made for any one lower down in the pyramid. Depressingly, I wouldn't expect anything else. That said, I'm not sure how it would help the England team anyway. PL clubs will still hoover up talent from across Europe, will clog up their B teams with them.

Another reason I dont want to see it happen and pointless considering England as usual are going to win the World Cup this year  ;)

Beaver

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25:59 AM »

Not sure why they dont just force premiership clubs to field a certain number of home grown under 21's for a given amount of minutes each season, and set benchmarks every 10 games so its spread out fairly.

The system works in Europe where crowds outside of the top to leagues are crap and most clubs outside are council funded sports academies anyway. In the UK it would be the end of plenty of league 2 clubs let alone the leagues below.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »

The report is intended to improve the fortunes of our national team not our national game. Therefore it appears that no consideration has been made for any one lower down in the pyramid. Depressingly, I wouldn't expect anything else. That said, I'm not sure how it would help the England team anyway. PL clubs will still hoover up talent from across Europe, will clog up their B teams with them.

Another reason I dont want to see it happen and pointless considering England as usual are going to win the World Cup this year  ;)

Literally nobody is saying that this time.

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

1777 still needed.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »

there was a universal acceptance that a major overhaul was needed to give reserve sides and young, English talent more regular, competitive football

Or the Premier League clubs could just stop buying every foreign player going and play young English players like Lallana, Sterling and the like but they won't.

Just because the top of football is ruined isn't a good enough reason to ruin the rest of it.
100% agreement.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »

I have signed up.

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 11:11:31 PM »

Signed

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 09:03:40 AM »

How many English clubs at the top levels have an English owner or manager? Not many. Look at the number of foreign fans who support English clubs. Do any of these people gain from the English national team doing well? Probably not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proposed new league structure