News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford fans last saturday

Author Topic: Oxford fans last saturday  (Read 2587 times)

eggjarni

« on: March 20, 2007, 03:43:12 PM »

Hello alty fans.

On our Oxford United forums we have had a Alty fan moaning about some of the Oxford support on Saturday, Did anyone find us offensive or looking for trouble. From where i was we were just having a laugh and a bit of banter with away fans, which to be honest we have not really had this season (Aldershot apart).

I really enjoyed my day out to your place, we were made very welcome in the George before the game, by your stewards and also by your staff in the food caravan, The only thing that was a bit disapointing was the game was a bit one sided after your recent results i thought it would be a lot more closer.

I wish you well for the rest of the season and hope you stay in the conference, although only part time you are a proper football club with good community and family links, your only downfall is your location which hinders you in your attendances, Maybe you should look at your prices for away fans as you were the cheapest for us this season and your facilities were certainly not the worse we have encountered.

Hopefully you can do us a favour when you play Stevenage this weekend.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Oxford fans last saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »

All banter as far as I was concerned. Its what footy is all about (and not a drum to be seen so GET IN .. WELL DONE )

Was not the case of just banter at your place earlier on in the season but we can all move on

eggjarni

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »

I agree it was only banter, The only thing i cant condone was the net pulling, what happend at our ground????? I make swift exits to beat the traffic so i dont know what happend

eggjarni

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »

For the record i did not enter that smiley face thing i put four question marks and it automatically put them on!!!!!!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

The Primark chavs were a bit silly near the end - they've probably read one too many Dougie Brimson books. Bet they would have calmed down if their mums had been there.

Fair play to Mr Blobby for taking the 2nd half banter in good spirits.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »

It all seemed quite good natured to me, even the large chap in the pink shirt appeared to take it in the right spirit.

Of course people shouldn't pull at the nets, however if that's all anyone has to get het up about it kind of suggests that everyone behaved in a reasonable manner.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:25:36 PM »

At Oxford in October a set of local red neck youths tried to get in the away end and had to be restrained behind the gates by stewards.
Also the Alty fans or team coach was kicked at, doing around £1000 damage.

As the red necks tried to get at the Alty fans, some Alty fans made for the pitch to get out of the way. As I was getting the bus back to central Oxford, I heard one of the Oxford fans mis-interpreted this as a pitch invasion. He really thought we'd have a pitch invasion cos we drew 1-1 away at the mighty Oxford!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »

Of course people shouldn't pull at the nets, however if that's all anyone has to get het up about it kind of suggests that everyone behaved in a reasonable manner.

It was only when some of them in the Noel White Suite after the game started pulling on Phil Taylor's fishnets that I really took offence.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team