PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It's embarrassing sometimes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It's embarrassing sometimes  (Read 5713 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: It's embarrassing sometimes
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

The occasional shout of 'Retard!' wasn't too clever either.

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »

If it is a footy match, then the normal limits are overstepped. Break his legs, doesnt really mean that,rather go in for a good tackle.

I'm sorry but that's a load of bollocks.

Totally agree. Would you justify racial abuse by the  same argument ? Having said that, standing behind Kingy used to be quite an education !

No one has ever said anything about racial abuse? We are talking about snapping legs and quite frankly I think you guys should really get off your high horse.

It's pretty obvious that nobody wants to see people break legs, they just want a bit of passion and for players to get stuck in.

Things at football matches are exaggerated my dad never owned a gun and i have smoked woodbine cigarettes.

what next? No swearing at football?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »

If it is a footy match, then the normal limits are overstepped. Break his legs, doesnt really mean that,rather go in for a good tackle.

I'm sorry but that's a load of bollocks.

Totally agree. Would you justify racial abuse by the  same argument ? Having said that, standing behind Kingy used to be quite an education !

No one has ever said anything about racial abuse? We are talking about snapping legs and quite frankly I think you guys should really get off your high horse.

It's pretty obvious that nobody wants to see people break legs, they just want a bit of passion and for players to get stuck in.

Things at football matches are exaggerated my dad never owned a gun and i have smoked woodbine cigarettes.

We got moaned at by Tamworth fans for doing just that  ::)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »

We got moaned at by Tamworth fans for doing just that  ::)

From what I recall some old fuddy duddy Tampax fan said 'mind your language' in the second half.

If he didn’t like the language how about walking round to where his team was attacking.  Football and swearing go hand in hand since I’ve been going and I can’t see it changing!!

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

I recall a couple of seasons in the Gerry Berman era when swearing was almost zero tolerated.  I am sure we had a song about not being allowed to swear.  Am I making making this up, is it just a pants memory??

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

I know what you're saying, but whilst I'm not offended by such shouts as "break his legs", it is a bit cringeworthy. Can't we make it club policy to just shout "crunch him" when we see a tought tackle as necessary?

How many of us have ever smoked a packet of Woodbine?  :D

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

I recall a couple of seasons in the Gerry Berman era when swearing was almost zero tolerated.  I am sure we had a song about not being allowed to swear.  Am I making making this up, is it just a pants memory??

I remember a chant of "alty's here, alty's there, alty's not allowed to swear!"...think it related to some abuse we'd been told off for but can't remember exactly.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »

Shouted once before the game kicked off because their pa man was a total loon! Hardly the same as shouting "break his legs" while a player is running past!

And this is coming from the idiot who shouted "c**t" like a deranged moron whenever their keeper kicked the ball!

Real bright spark you are!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:04:47 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »

Rocket Dan got it spot on ! shouts of  break his legs etc are usually born from desperation when the opposing centre forward charges through. I still hear some sh1t though from a certain David B although some comments from Dennis B although crude and rude make me chuckle in a schoolboy way  :D

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »

cheers Jezza.  not just my failing memory then.  That's the chant.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »

Shouted once before the game kicked off because their pa man was a total loon! Hardly the same as shouting "break his legs" while a player is running past!

And this is coming from the idiot who shouted "c**t" like a deranged moron whenever their keeper kicked the ball!

Real bright spark you are!

I think you may have me confused with someone else...

jimmyhank

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:33 PM »

I was standing to the right of the goal and didn't hear anything too offensive. I think that sums it up, ie. what one person thinks is acceptable another person does not. Watching (live) football is an emotive affair even for a (fairly) level headed chappie like myself. We're all trying to gee up our team and throw in our two penneth. You're going to get the odd expletive - I doubt that'll ever change. If you feel that strongly then have a word with the "culprit" but I'm not sure it'll have much effect!

Longman

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »

I agree, if you are offended by bad language etc then either have a word with the perpertrator, or failing that, move away from it.

Football is about passion, the game is already becomming diluted on the field, we don't need censorship off it as well.

I'm personally not really offended by anything shouted at the football, as I know that 99 percent of the time it's not mean, it's just part of the culture of the terrace and has been going on for donkeys years.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It's embarrassing sometimes