PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will we strengthen?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Will we strengthen?  (Read 10925 times)

Jezza

Will we strengthen?
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »

I'm all for cutting our cloth etc.

But we are at an important pivotal moment.

We are an attractive proposition for any non cup tied players especially from league sides out of the fa cup in a position to offer glory and a bit of coverage.

I think if we sit on our hands and go with our tired thin squad we run the danger of no further cup progress, a relegation battle and more injuries.

Strengthen in key areas now and we have a better prospect of progressing in the fa cup and can look forward to the trophy and moving up the league.

Every day we hear of wingers, left backs, midfield virtuosos being snapped up by various clubs.....we are told these players are hard to find and persuade to come to little moss lane.

little bit of ambition please...not asking for sh*t or bust......we've overachieved with our fantastic players, lets bring in some fresh eager faces in very obvious areas.....pretty please...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Will we strengthen?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »

I think we must strengthen.

Also, any loanees are going to play for the next month. There'll be no question of not getting game time. As I've said before, it's a question of injured players getting adequate rest time. There's no way Rankine and Clee should've appeared on Tuesday.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »

We're going to be fooked if we don't
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »

We have to we have no other options
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »

Wouldn't be a bad idea

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »

But the manager doesn't know any players

VofD

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »

He does : Gillespie, Griffith, etc. ;)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Will we strengthen
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:53 AM »

To VoD:

For Gods sake man, enough! LS has regained  our status as one of the top semi pro teams in the country, on a balanced budget and just delivered our first FA Cup win vs Lge opposition in a little over a 5th of a Century. As an Alty fan of now 44 years, I reckon LS's record now bears comparison to that of Roy Rees given the realities of Nat Lge football in 2015.

NB Roy Rees created the modern  Alty FC.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »

He does : Gillespie, Griffith, etc. ;)

Yawn yawn yawn again.
OK, who do you two think, would do better for this club?
We have seen your negatives, who would give us the positive??.?..

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »

Last week we heard that Guiseley had taken a right winger on loan from Wrexham. Yesterday, Cheltenham took a right winger on loan from Wigan. Are we looking for loan players? Or, are we just such an unattractive proposition for any player? If at least one defender doesn't come in today, we are in danger of seriously embarrassing ourselves at Bromley.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:13 AM »

Without stating the bleeding obvious, can we not get Parry back?

Stephen Jordan (ex City youngster) isn't playing at Fleetwood at the moment, and that was a 2-minute Google search - there must be TONNES of local players out there willing to come down to Moss Lane!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »

We need to change our model.  What worked in the Conference North in terms of player recruitment is no longer fit for purpose.

And having to rely on a gamble on a player changing status from FT to PT is simply too risky.

We have to identify the best part time players who would fit into our system and go after them, paying a transfer fee if necessary.

You might argue that this is too expensive, but signing a proven PT defensive midfielder for example would perhaps have been cost neutral compared to Griffiths.  And his case, whilst having some special characteristics is nonetheless something that could easily happen again in terms of a player failing the transition.

This is not Lee's fault - in fact within the constraints he operates he has had more hits than misses.  Nor would I argue is it the fault of the club - it is simply that we have outgrown the business model that has served us over the last few years.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »

My thoughts entirely. As nothing has been announced yet, I'm hoping a deal has been done with someone and they will only reveal it just before the match tomorrow so as to keep Bromley in the dark for as long as possible.

I would not be half surprised if no deal has been done and we field pretty much the same team as Tuesday with pretty much the same kind of eventual score  >:(.

If at least one defender doesn't come in today, we are in danger of seriously embarrassing ourselves at Bromley.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »

The hope I have is Bromley will start losing and are probably not as good as their position regardless we are short of a right back and centre half because of injuries

GB Alty

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »

This is not Lee's fault - in fact within the constraints he operates he has had more hits than misses.  Nor would I argue is it the fault of the club - it is simply that we have outgrown the business model that has served us over the last few years.

Yes it is his fault, he likes to run with a small 18 man squad, and has said so many times in the press (until now)

Look where that has got us now!

Also starting the season with only 5 defenders was pure madness - naive at best, but more like clueless for me
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will we strengthen?