Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will we see sweeping changes to playing staff and formation?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Will we see sweeping changes to playing staff and formation?  (Read 4338 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »

Will we see a very different altrincham at eastbourne on saturday? How about a 442 with a new addition in centre mid?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:42:44 PM by markecky »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Will we see sweeping changes to playing staff and formation?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »

Things are changing but slowly, hopefully not to slowly.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »

should have enough in hewson , lawton daylk and crowell? all good players or have been

altyshop

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

A new centre mid is needed,Crowell is way off the pace

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:42:39 PM »

How did Hewson do at Gateshead?

markecky

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »

How did Hewson do at Gateshead?

For me Hewson showed great close control and vision.  Not 100% fit yet but looks a class act to me..

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »

Why do all the players we sign never seem to be fit??

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »

I think in Hewsons defence he has been looking for a club through pre season and the start of it. Whilst you can train on your own, there is no subsitute for games and structured training.

Micheal Twiss however....I can't answer that one.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:07:45 AM »

I think in Hewsons defence he has been looking for a club through pre season and the start of it. Whilst you can train on your own, there is no subsitute for games and structured training.

IMO this explains the main reason for the lack of firepower... with his reputation and having come from Full time football (Apart from Stalybridge at the end of last season) I think its nothing short of disgraceful that he isnt fit... People like Michael should be setting the standard especially to the other Alty strikers and players in the squad

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »

IMO this explains the main reason for the lack of firepower... with his reputation and having come from Full time football (Apart from Stalybridge at the end of last season) I think its nothing short of disgraceful that he isnt fit... People like Michael should be setting the standard especially to the other Alty strikers and players in the squad

Agreed. From what I read he seems to be the missing link we should have both as a forward and as a Colin Little like influence on the team. It looks like he has let GH down.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:37 AM »

Agreed. From what I read he seems to be the missing link we should have both as a forward and as a Colin Little like influence on the team. It looks like he has let GH down.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of Twiss and have been so disappointed with his performances so far.

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »

I'm getting seriously pissed off with the criticism of Crowell.

The bloke was left in limbo for a month without international clearance. Of course he isn't going to look up to speed. He got a few run-outs to get him ready for the season, then couldn't play a bloody game. If he's still struggling in 6 weeks then fine, criticise. But for the minute can we just give him a bit of leeway FFS.

I've got high hopes for Hewson. The Grimsby manager said that in terms of technical ability he's easily Conference, and probably FL standard. He just needs a fair bit of work to get up to the fitness levels required. If we're patient with him, we could have a very good player there.

Sadly, I agree about Twiss, but let's hope he makes amends for it by sorting himself out and bagging a few goals.

As for the formation, I though three at the back worked really well last season because we had the players for it, i.e. Youngy on the left of three, Doughty left wing-back, Densmore right wing-back. Since neither Young nor Doughty are playing, I wouldn't mind reverting to 4-4-2.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

I'm getting seriously pissed off with the criticism of Crowell.

The bloke was left in limbo for a month without international clearance. Of course he isn't going to look up to speed. He got a few run-outs to get him ready for the season, then couldn't play a bloody game. If he's still struggling in 6 weeks then fine, criticise. But for the minute can we just give him a bit of leeway FFS.

I've got high hopes for Hewson. The Grimsby manager said that in terms of technical ability he's easily Conference, and probably FL standard. He just needs a fair bit of work to get up to the fitness levels required. If we're patient with him, we could have a very good player there.

Sadly, I agree about Twiss, but let's hope he makes amends for it by sorting himself out and bagging a few goals.

As for the formation, I though three at the back worked really well last season because we had the players for it, i.e. Youngy on the left of three, Doughty left wing-back, Densmore right wing-back. Since neither Young nor Doughty are playing, I wouldn't mind reverting to 4-4-2.

I nearly always agree with what you say and you are right in 99% of what you say above.

However Matt Crowells application and effort on Saturday were a disgrace. It was as if he thought he was there for fancy passing and if he lost it there was no need to chase or tackle.

He is a passenger at the moment and we cant carry any passengers in a dogfight

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

Yes, we have missed Young, Kearney and Senior, but I also think we have greatly missed Doughty.

Alex

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »

Imo crowell will come good, he has shown his dedication to alty by travelling from bridgend every week for training and matches. I won't comment on saturday as for financial reasons I wasn't there, but there seamed on here that there was a great expectation on here for matty to come in and instantly solve all our problems (look back at threads about his clearence and match prediction threads b4 he got it). The truth is I don't think he's match fit as the A-League finished in febuary and I doubt he's played much since then. But atm everyone just seems so desprate to plug whatever gap we have that they ignore factors like match fitness and expect every player to perform like xavi (maybe an exageration, but u wait and listen to the growns at the first miss placed pass). I rekon when we have crowell, hewson & lawton in the middle and FIT we will see a vast improvement
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team