PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieve?

Poll

Given the current situations at Crawley and Boston do you feel a reprive is likely?

Yes, they will be kicked out for sure
- 8 (26.7%)
No, there is more chance of the Gazelle visiting the salad bar
- 22 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reprieve?  (Read 5633 times)

Red N White Dynamite

Reprieve?
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »

What do you think given that Crawley have underpaid their CVA again and Boston are looking in worse shape than ever?

Jezza

Re: Reprieve?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »

More chance of the Gazelle visiting the salad bar I think.

With the new sponsors I think the 'management' will be keen to avoid the previous shenanigans and will take the short term view of looking as if the league is well run and organised

I also share Hughseys view that Boston could be another Newport...they are clearly desperatly playing for time as it runs out.

If a reprieve does come, the 'cote has his work cut out to change his squad planning for the bigger league.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »

Jezza is right.  It doesn't look good on a league if, year after year, clubs are booted off for what goes on off the pitch.  Crawley seem immune and I think Boston will go under eventually, but not just yet.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »

I see your point Jezza. However, surely it looks even worse if a league allows teams to join when it is clear that they are not in a fit state to continue at this level.

What would look worse - kicking a team out now or having a team fold half way through the season (thus creating fixture chaos for everyone)?

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »

What would actually happen if they were allowed in and then did fold half way through the season? would teams that had already played them get the points (possibly) lost against them and the rest of the games be a default win, or would they just not take into consideration all games played v boston at the end of the season?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »

Their record would be expunged I think.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 01:21:30 PM »

I see your point Jezza. However, surely it looks even worse if a league allows teams to join when it is clear that they are not in a fit state to continue at this level.

What would look worse - kicking a team out now or having a team fold half way through the season (thus creating fixture chaos for everyone)?

Suppose Boston soldier on for a bit in the Conference but fold mid-season.  The Conference can say that it was nothing to do with them, Boston happened to be in their league when it happened.  

Suppose the Conference block Boston and Boston fold as a result.  The Conference are implicated a lot more.

Or am I just being over-cynical..?

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »

Indeed...that's the short term let 'em in and whatever happens after aint our fault view I'm sure the conference will take.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »

How would Boston folding be a direct result of being refused entry to the conference though?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »

It wouldn't be a direct cause but the Conference could be cited by Boston's liquidator's or administrators as being involved.  If Boston just call it a day off their own back then the Conference have less of a burden or implication.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »

If that situation occurred could the conference not argue that they were acting in Boston's best interests by reducing their travelling and expenses etc?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 01:40:44 PM »

True, but they'd probably rather not have the argument in the first place!  This is why its easier for them just to let Boston in.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 01:44:33 PM »

True, anything which involved thinking and acting would be a bit beyond them.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »

The most annoying thing is ,just like last season, we do not know for sure which division we are going to be in until the AGM.
They really should be beating teams like us

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 07:58:06 PM »

Yes we do.
The BSN - like it or lump it!  :(

Much as I'd love to get a reprieve, it's not going to happen.

I truly hope I'm wrong - and if I am you've my full permisson to peake me to pieces!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieve?