News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley

Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 4382 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Crawley
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

You'll like this Ecky, bear in mind it's a bit out of date as Begbies Traynor it seems have only been sent 20% of the money but it was on the crawley forum. The bit I've highliighted in bold is the most incredible thing I've ever read on the internet or indeed anywhere else.

Unbelievable  :o

Not for sale
By Tom Gurney
Crawley owner Azwar Majeed today quashed rumours of a takeover.

Majeed insists he has no plans to sell up now Reds are close to being debt free following a year of financial problems and reiterated his desire to take the club into the Football League.

Crawley owed creditors around £500,000 after entering voluntary administration last summer.

A number of potential buyers were thought to have come forward after Crawley clinched Conference survival on the last day of the season.

But in a statement exclusively to The Argus, Majeed said: "I can confirm that (administrators) Begbies Traynor have been sent the money for the CVA and it is now just a matter of a few formalities - crossing the Ts and dotting the Is before the creditors are paid in full.

"There is no takeover planned and I do not have any plans to sell now or in the immediate future but I will say that my door is always open to anyone potentially interested in investing or buying into Crawley Town Football Club."

Majeed is currently interviewing potential new managers for next season and wants to make an appointment by the end of next week.

The club advertised the position last week after sacking caretaker boss John Yems.

Former Stevenage and Rushden boss Graham Westley is believed to be among the contenders along with a number of other well known names.

Majeed has spoken to three candidates already and says whoever gets the job will have money available to build a squad good enough to push for promotion.

He said: "New applications for the manager's job are coming in as we speak and the board of directors are preparing a shortlist of prospective new managers.

"The successful candidate will have to fit a list of criteria and convince the board that he is the correct person who will be able to complete our main objective and be able to drive Crawley into the Football League.

"The manager will be taking over virtually a brand new football club that is debt free and with the financial backing to go out and choose his squad for the upcoming season."

Majeed has urged all fans to put the uncertainty of last season behind them. Some supporters have boycotted home games in protest at the way the club has been run.

Majeed said: "Next season I hope that the fans, new and old, will support the team from the first game to the last game.

"In an increased drive to keep the future of Crawley supporters coming through the turnstiles for years to come, any under-16s will be charged just £3 per match for the whole of next season."

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crawley
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »

Nothing suprises me with this saga anymore, they appear untouchable, If they had debts previously I believe they are probably amassing them again?

Personally I now find there going's on tedious!!!

Barring a miracle they will no doubt sail through the agm?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »

Surely lowering their prices for under-16's to £3 is not a move which is acceptable to their creditors? In these circumstances are you allowed to just cut part of your income in half?

The situation at Crawley is just unbelievable. They have persisitently failed to meet deadlines for payment of their creditors and it would appear that they have just short-paid them again. I only hope the conference are monitoring the situation closely because their whole setup is a joke. Where is their so-called chairman? It still appears to be the Majeeds who are making all the announcements and press statements.

To be talking about pushing for promotion etc in their situation is taking the p*ss completely.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »

SGA, perhaps it is an elaborate smoke screen to get them to the start of the season?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 01:22:26 PM »

The thing is though Dave, anyone with half a brain can see that the club is not in a fit state to remain in the conference, so why can the conference see that? It's not enough of a smokescreen to cover the fact that they are under-paying their creditors time after time yet they seem to get away with it constantly.

What message is this sending out to other clubs?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

I agree it is the wrong message, but the conference board seem to do nothing about it?

The rules need a major overhaul to cut these antics out!

Basically if you do not have the money youshould not spend it.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 01:34:16 PM »

I thought there was a rule in force whereby your wage budget would only be a certain percentage of your income (I may be slightly inaccurate here but I'm pretty sure it's along those lines).

The thing with Crawley in particular is that they have had deadline after deadline to resolve this situation, yet here we are a couple of weeks before the AGM and there is still no closure to the issue. If the conference require cast iron assurances of Crawley's ability to resolve their financial problems I don't see where they are coming from. the only things they have received to my knowledge have been lies from the Majeed brothers.

FCUM

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:03:23 PM »

I see you missed the bit below that goes:

Majeed has urged all fans to put the uncertainty of last season behind them. Some supporters have boycotted home games in protest at the way the club has been run.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:09:20 PM by FCUM »

Foz

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

I see you missed the bit below that goes:

I suggest some of you do your homework.

Sorry, I don't quite see the point you are trying to make. Care to explain?

FCUM

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

Well I daresay if the Majeeds came into Alty promising the world and then (fraudulently) running you into the ground like they are at Crawley, stopping wages to the players, using thugs to intimidate fans who criticise them and generally performing a masterclass in how not run a football club, you would expect a little empathy from your fellow supporters.

I can only imagine the outcry on here if you had them running the club!  None of their fans want them at the club as I'm sure you wouldn't.

Foz

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 09:29:01 PM »

Well I daresay if the Majeeds came into Alty promising the world and then (fraudulently) running you into the ground like they are at Crawley, stopping wages to the players, using thugs to intimidate fans who criticise them and generally performing a masterclass in how not run a football club, you would expect a little empathy from your fellow supporters.

I can only imagine the outcry on here if you had them running the club!  None of their fans want them at the club as I'm sure you wouldn't.

I don't think anyone is saying anything critical about the fans of Crawley Town Football Club.

I, and from what i hear pretty much everyone at alty, feel very sorry for the fans of Crawley. The point that I think people are making is that the FA should not allow clubs to be run by these sorts of people. And if they are, have to find a way of stopping these sorts of people in effect bringing football into disrepute.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »

The point is that they have gone all season without paying any of their debts and survived due to paying decent Conference wages. Other clubs have abided by the rules and paid what they owe and been relegated. That makes Crawley's claim on a Conference place quite dubious IMO.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Altysmiffy

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »

And still they want to spend....Regarding potential managers: "Booker is one of five candidates believed to be in the frame... The others are thought to include former Tottenham defender and Farnborough boss Dean Austin, ex-Gillingham player-manager Andy Hessenthaler, one-time Stevenage chief Graham Westley and Alan Reeves, who was recently assistant at Brentford"

How can they afford such as Brighton assistant manager and the likes of Austin, Hessenthaler & Westley? They won't be cheap!

But who'd want to work for the Majeeds?

FCUM

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 10:31:01 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying anything critical about the fans of Crawley Town Football Club.

I, and from what i hear pretty much everyone at alty, feel very sorry for the fans of Crawley. The point that I think people are making is that the FA should not allow clubs to be run by these sorts of people. And if they are, have to find a way of stopping these sorts of people in effect bringing football into disrepute.

Indeed, just think if all clubs were run by the fans, then you wouldn't have this problem of mismanagement (except where it's mismanagement voted for by the majority).

Foz

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »

Or more simply why not just have the FA enforce the 'proper person test' in the correct way.

In any football club you are reliant on whoever runs it to run it properly. In the Case of FCUM, even if you say it is run by the fans, you have people who are running it in a rather similar way to most other clubs... Do you have a vote on the clubs exact budget every year? What about if you sack your manager if you lose? I doubt it very much!

FCUM, like Alty, and Crawley have to rely on the people running the club to run it properly. Sadly for Crawley, they are currently being mismanaged by the people running it. I seem to remember, that there was at least one 'fan run' club that have been in some (admittedly minor compared to crawley) trouble not too long ago..... (though i forget which it was... I am sure others will remember better!?) which would rather illustate this.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley