News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a difference !!!

Author Topic: What a difference !!!  (Read 2428 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
What a difference !!!
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

That is more like it! I appreciate Stockport were poor but we played with determination and hunger, on the front foot from the start, high intensity, exactly opposite to first half on Tuesday so it was good to see!

Midfield choice was spot on. Thought Moult had a very good game, he isn’t a distributor as that's why Boshell is there, but good at breaking up play, short exchanges, plus an attacking option – spot on!

The defence were immense. Leather steps in and was solid, as for Luca he is in the group of Smith, Shotton and Ellender for me, he really is that good. I said it from day one, he just can read the game and is strong! I worry about losing him to a league club!

I may have started Lawrie up front but we did just fine. James Walshaw missed a lot of chances but one thing I have noticed is that he gets in the right position, so the basis is correct! He should still get a few.

Not sure about Smirkle but not on here to slag a player off after two games!

Excellent performance from the off !!! Just keep it going, however if we are to play Perry then we must start Clee otherwise we will become to static and long ball. Yes we did score from a long ball today but I can assure you that they will be one of the worst defences we will see this season.

Buzzing !!!!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a difference !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

whoops 3 games *****

robins1978

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »

you can only play the team in front of you and everyone of them gave 100% today and thats why we won 3-0. Reeves header is becoming one of his trade mark goals - looping header back to where ball came from, im sure he has scored a few like that in recent season. WELL DONE ALTY GREAT START 3 out of 3!

Silkyman23

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »

Poor old Alty. Can't even do 'humiliating Stockport County in the first league meeting' properly.

This is how you do it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Zrm8178tw

Good result for you though. I thought County would be in decent nick this season, what's going on there!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »

Poor old Alty. Can't even do 'humiliating Stockport County in the first league meeting' properly.

This is how you do it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Zrm8178tw

Good result for you though. I thought County would be in decent nick this season, what's going on there!

We're just happy with the 3 points, thanks  :D They were bloody awful though and I could see them struggling again this year on that performance. What's going on with you lot too? Just a stuttering start or something more concerning than that?

Silkyman23

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »

We've got no money this season because the people running the club last season overspent. We were half a million in debt at the turn of the year.

Not going through administration, we're paying it all back, as is only right and proper, but that means our budget this season is about a third of what it was last season.

We dicked Luton all over the park only for them to equalise in the 97th minute, and Halifax capitalised on a slow start yesterday, but we were the better side with 10 men to pull it back.

Tomorrow's trip to Gateshead will be interesting.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »

Macc trip to Gateshead interesting indeed most interesting The English el Classico
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:23:50 PM by Jimmy »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a difference !!!