News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 resting players on sat

Author Topic: resting players on sat  (Read 2187 times)

party boy

resting players on sat
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »

Last year halifax rested players pre play offs and look at them now. I cant see it matter where we finish , we are in the play offs and thats all that really counts. I would fancy us v hednesford and then its a cup final so i dont believe it matters if we are home or away. Histon is not the games that matters. Lets be fresh for tuesday night and win the play offs

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: resting players on sat
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »

Last year halifax rested players pre play offs and look at them now. I cant see it matter where we finish , we are in the play offs and thats all that really counts. I would fancy us v hednesford and then its a cup final so i dont believe it matters if we are home or away. Histon is not the games that matters. Lets be fresh for tuesday night and win the play offs
Is Tuesday night going to be a training session ahead of the play off semi on the Wednesday?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »

What utter tosh ! We don't want to risk finishing fourth and have the first leg of the semi at home again, and jeopardise our chances of being at home in the final. By all means pull key men off and give others a run once we're (hopefully) home and hosed, but Saturday is an important match, especially since we could actually finish 2nd if Brackley turn N.Ferriby over (I don't fancy it but stranger things have happened).

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »

What utter tosh ! We don't want to risk finishing fourth and have the first leg of the semi at home again, and jeopardise our chances of being at home in the final. By all means pull key men off and give others a run once we're (hopefully) home and hosed, but Saturday is an important match, especially since we could actually finish 2nd if Brackley turn N.Ferriby over (I don't fancy it but stranger things have happened).

agreed

Trouty

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »

If we are good enough to get promoted then it does not really matter who we play or where we play them.

I would rest a few players against Histon(an already relegated team) that have played a lot of games this season. Anybody with a little niggling injury or just needs
a rest should sit it out.

What would be better finishing 2nd and Walshaw,Reeves or Havern getting injured or finishing 3rd or 4th and having those players available for the play-offs?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »

If we are good enough to get promoted then it does not really matter who we play or where we play them.

I would rest a few players against Histon(an already relegated team) that have played a lot of games this season. Anybody with a little niggling injury or just needs
a rest should sit it out.

What would be better finishing 2nd and Walshaw,Reeves or Havern getting injured or finishing 3rd or 4th and having those players available for the play-offs?
The most important word in your post is right at the start......"If".

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »

Not bothered whether we finish 2nd or 3rd - prefer third and avoid guisely really.

I do however think potential home advantage in the final is important so I'd play a strong team.  I'd only rest Nicky who is probably our most important player and is also prone to little knocks given his ability to wind up the opposition.  Shove him on the bench and bring him on if needed with 30 mins to go.  Other than that first team start.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:12:37 AM »

I think we should win games first but if winning by more than 1 at half time take walshaw clee and reeves off but finish high as you can
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 resting players on sat