PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Wood Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Borehamwood Wood Match Thread  (Read 9001 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Borehamwood Wood Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 08:17:29 AM »

We tore them apart after Josh's goal. Really exciting stuff it was.  Also,  I was sat in the Family Stand and the Golf Road looked and sounded fantastic - the best, i thought, for ages.  More of this please.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 03:30:49 PM »

The highlights are on U tube + also a good interview with their manager, SB

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 04:26:28 PM »

We tore them apart after Josh's goal. Really exciting stuff it was.  Also,  I was sat in the Family Stand and the Golf Road looked and sounded fantastic - the best, i thought, for ages.  More of this please.

If you want more atmosphere, you're welcome to join in on the GRE rather than comment on whether the atmosphere is good or not on GRE
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 06:00:26 PM »

I thought that we improved when Dinanga and Porter were replaced by Peers and Whitehead respectively.

Sumptuous strike by Hancock.

Hope that Hannigan's withdrawal after 86 minutes was nothing serious.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 06:07:32 PM »

All in all, a decent point and well deserved in the end.

I actually thought we were quite poor in parts, up until we realised we needed to play to our strengths and forget about trying to go toe to toe with their big lads. I thought Kosylo was great, and seems to have a good understanding playing inside with Josh and with Senior on the overlap, I enjoyed watching that from the Golf Road End.

Play like that again on Tuesday evening and we should hopefully have enough to see off Gateshead.

Brilliant gate again, and I echo the sentiments on the other thread about the club, I think they did a good job organising the restrictions under the circumstances and actually served to create a good atmosphere.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 06:18:42 PM »

I thought that we improved when Dinanga and Porter were replaced by Peers and Whitehead respectively.

Sumptuous strike by Hancock.

Hope that Hannigan's withdrawal after 86 minutes was nothing serious.

Hoping Hannigans subbing was to protect his back niggle.

I did notice Colclough was lay down receiving treatment after the final whistle
Full time and proud of it

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2021, 07:43:50 PM »

If you want more atmosphere, you're welcome to join in on the GRE rather than comment on whether the atmosphere is good or not on GRE

Thank you for your kind invitation to join in on the GRE.  I am sure that you will kindly be on hand there to show me to my disabled seat.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 08:04:27 PM »

Thank you for your kind invitation to join in on the GRE.  I am sure that you will kindly be on hand there to show me to my disabled seat.

Would it need to be high and mighty like your comment, or would you be okay on floor like the rest of us?

Bring a stool like the folk on the pop side or the old school Workington fans if you like the atmosphere, there's less steps to GRE than the main stand too.

There's disabled wheelchair users who also watched from the front of The GRE corner

Like I said, many fans work hard to build atmosphere, too many on here and Facebook want to comment about an atmosphere or lack off without getting involved
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:14:00 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 09:38:04 PM »

There's disabled wheelchair users who also watched from the front of The GRE corner

I've tried that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYDS-D8BN5g

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 09:46:37 PM »

Would it need to be high and mighty like your comment, or would you be okay on floor like the rest of us?

Bring a stool like the folk on the pop side or the old school Workington fans if you like the atmosphere, there's less steps to GRE than the main stand too.

Like I said, many fans work hard to build atmosphere, too many on here and Facebook want to comment about an atmosphere or lack off without getting involved

Seems to me that Condates original comments were nothing but complimentary. I can't understand why you're having a go at him.
I can only say that we should be revelling in the direction the club is going in and being united in our support.
Sorry to be personal but you seem to have had an edge to some of your posts for a while now.
Rein it in a bit if you can. We're all on here because we're Alty fans aren't we?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »

Seems to me that Condates original comments were nothing but complimentary. I can't understand why you're having a go at him.
I can only say that we should be revelling in the direction the club is going in and being united in our support.
Sorry to be personal but you seem to have had an edge to some of your posts for a while now.
Rein it in a bit if you can. We're all on here because we're Alty fans aren't we?

Thank you Saughall for your intervention.

My original post was indeed supposed to be positive and complimentary to those who provided the fantastic support in the Golf Road on Saturday.  I agree with Parky who remarked that they were so vociferous that they virtually sucked the ball into the net for the equalizer. 

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2021, 10:15:52 PM »

Agreed.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 10:46:12 PM »

Yes totally uncalled for I thought.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 12:32:07 AM »

Have to concur with comments relating to responses recently from  hashtag, particularly on this thread.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 09:11:54 AM »

Having been banished from our usual stance on the Golf Road end of the popular side, Nomdeplume and I watched the game from a more or less opposite position in front of the CSH. We actually had a better view than usual, and I had a shorter limp back to my car. Of course, it won't work when it's peeing down...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Wood Match Thread