PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Hulme
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Jordan Hulme  (Read 17979 times)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Hulme
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »

Unfortunate timing though it is, I think it's hard to begrudge Jordan the opportunity he has to play F/T at Fylde or, indeed, the Club for taking up the offer.  I agree with another post on here that refers to the onwards and upwards progression of the team after the departure of JJ, despite the gloom-laded posts at the time.  I think, too, that the prospect f playing for Alty will appeal to a great number of talented players, given how well run and managed the Club is at present.  Unsettling certainly though it is, it's an opportunity to move forward and inject new blood. 

Shearer

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 10:53:50 AM »

Just a thought, but is it possible management already have another signing lined up and therefore happy to let Hulme leave? Might seem overly optimistic but surely a possibility.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »

It's always a possibility Baht'at although with a two season contract you would have thought things were fairly stable in that area.

I wish Jordan good luck in his attempt to make the football league.
I thought he had his best season last season tying up the opponents defenders and not managing to get too many cards at the same time.
He was easily the best number 9 we've had for the last ten seasons.

Just hope we can quickly find a way forward without him.

Shearer

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »

Yes, I agree. Will be a big miss but wish Hulme best of luck with his new club.

We’ve got some good forward options already though with potential for another addition now too, so still many reasons to be positive.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »

When does our transfer window close ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »

Not sure, but it could be 16th October like between EFL and the Prem for noninternational deals?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Matt Taylor

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2020, 01:59:13 PM »

This isn’t the first time Jordan Hulme has dropped down a level to play at a side throwing money about trying to get promoted from the league below. Albeit when he joined us it wasn’t the eve of the season, and he hadn’t recently committed himself elsewhere for the next two years.

I just hope (for Jordan’s sake) that the money he is being offered at Fylde is good enough to ease away any future thoughts of what ‘could have been’, having now sold off the best opportunity he’s going to get of testing himself at National level.

Hopefully we can now get in a proven goal scorer at this level to play up top with the funds available.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »

Not sure, but it could be 16th October like between EFL and the Prem for noninternational deals?

If you're right there's only a fortnight to sort out a suitable candidate.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2020, 02:06:34 PM »

Dont know if the paperwork wasn't done in time but hes not in matchday squad today
Full time and proud of it

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 02:58:48 PM »

I was shocked and surprised when I heard this as I really thought Jordan was an Alty loyalist.  I am not sure this will prove to be a good move for him, and it does suggest his ambition is maybe burned out, and he wants to cash in for his last few seasons playing.  I get that and I am sure it wasn't an easy decision for him to make - just disappointed to see him go - he was brilliant for us - as good as any striker we have had in the last 30 years - and I was so looking forward to him making National League defences look like clowns

AltyFan101

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »

I was shocked and surprised when I heard this as I really thought Jordan was an Alty loyalist.  I am not sure this will prove to be a good move for him, and it does suggest his ambition is maybe burned out, and he wants to cash in for his last few seasons playing.  I get that and I am sure it wasn't an easy decision for him to make - just disappointed to see him go - he was brilliant for us - as good as any striker we have had in the last 30 years - and I was so looking forward to him making National League defences look like clowns

Jordan was an Alty loyalist.  In March when he appeared on the Non League Lounge podcast he said that there was huge interest from Chester same time as JJ but he did not join them out of respect and repayment to Parky for what he had done for Jordan over the last three years.  He talked about a mutual loyalty in football.  However, I guess that goes out the window when it's full time football and big money on the table which I don't think anyone can blame him for.  Much different situation to JJ who joined a direct rival for promotion (ha) halfway through the season, combined with the smugness that the deal was done with on Chester's end.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »

Jordan was an Alty loyalist.  In March when he appeared on the Non League Lounge podcast he said that there was huge interest from Chester same time as JJ but he did not join them out of respect and repayment to Parky for what he had done for Jordan over the last three years.  He talked about a mutual loyalty in football.  However, I guess that goes out the window when it's full time football and big money on the table which I don't think anyone can blame him for.  Much different situation to JJ who joined a direct rival for promotion (ha) halfway through the season, combined with the smugness that the deal was done with on Chester's end.

You’re right about that. Jordan took the money to drop down a level, unlike JJ. Which is fair enough if the money was good enough, but it wasn’t through misguided ambition. A “loyalist” is probably stretching it a bit.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2020, 10:15:47 AM »

You’re right about that. Jordan took the money to drop down a level, unlike JJ. Which is fair enough if the money was good enough, but it wasn’t through misguided ambition. A “loyalist” is probably stretching it a bit.

He's liked a tweet by Sean Miller suggesting he might have been disappointed the club accepted a bid for him in the first place.

I think it's unfair to throw the moneygrabbing thing at him, when in truth that works both ways. We didn't have to accept a bid.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2020, 10:18:13 AM »

didn't I read somewhere earlier that the offer triggered a release clause?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »

didn't I read somewhere earlier that the offer triggered a release clause?

I am sure they met his release clause.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Hulme