PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Hulme
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Jordan Hulme  (Read 17978 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Hulme
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »

Jordan Hulme Joins The Coasters!

https://www.afcfylde.co.uk/jordan-hulme-joins-the-coasters/

We are delighted to announce the signing of prolific forward, Jordan Hulme.

The striker arrives at Mill Farm from National League side, Altrincham FC for an undisclosed fee, on a one-year contract, with a further year option in the clubs favour.

The 29-year-old played against Jim Bentley’s side the pre-season friendly last weekend, which ended 2-2, but will now be switching changing rooms going forward.

With 139 career appearances to his name whilst at Alty and 70 goals to show for that, the striker arrives with a strong reputation in the game. He will now be looking to bring his experience and confidence to the club, following a promotion winning season from National League North during 2019/20.

Described on altrinchamfc.com as ‘one of Alty’s leading lights’, Jordan is a player that the management and recruitment team have been tracking for some time. The staff at Mill Farm have spoken openly of their ‘delight’ in adding vital firepower to the forward areas, in the shape of the former Salford City, Ramsbottom and Padiham FC striker.

Speaking to afcfylde.co.uk, Jordan said: “I’m honestly over the moon. It’s a chance to get back into full-time football and see what I can do when I’m training every day, it’s a dream come true and I can’t wait to get going.

“I’m here to win, I’m a winner. I don’t like playing football unless I’m winning games and trying to win leagues.”

Jim Bentley was delighted to secure another key target for his side, telling afcfylde.co.uk: “Jordan has a fantastic goal record throughout his career and even more so over the last three years with Altrincham. He’s got over 20 goals in each of the last three years, so he absolutely knows where the net is. He has been keen to get back into full-time football and we can offer him that here.

“He’s another good character, which is what we want, and he’s also extremely hard-working so he will lead the line well. He’s competitive, scores goals and we needed another option up-top with Kurt Willoughby being our only other out and out centre forward. Jordan is another welcome addition!”

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:18 PM »

This is the perennial problem with supporting a team like Alty, as soon as someone gets noticed by other teams with bigger pockets, they're on their way. First JJ, now Jordan. The season is devalued before its even started for me now.

I know people will be sore and a bit shocked but come on it's a fact of footballing life. When JJ left it was sack cloth and ashes on here - what happened then? For Fylde not to want to disclose the fee after their embarrassing show and tell over Ryan Croasdale's wages and given Jordan signed a new contract a few weeks ago where there will have been a release clause, it'll be serious £. We need to see how PP and NS go about using it now - if past experience is anything to go by, I'm confident.

It's not the start we wanted, obviously, but this season was always going to be a fight anyway, it's just got a bit more difficult sooner than we'd have wanted that's all.

Great post. We make two or three right signings then this transfer maybe a blessing. As a striker he is past his peak.
I am gutted, because he is a character, he has passion and his hold up play and off the ball was very good, but we may need some more pace in this league.
Thank god we still have Hancock, he is our biggest player.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »

It would be less painful if our better players left to join bigger clubs playing at higher levels.

Abso-fraggin-lutely dammit!

Surely he will be noticed more by big clubs at National national rather than National North!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »

It would be less painful if our better players left to join bigger clubs playing at higher levels.

Abso-fraggin-lutely dammit!

Surely he will be noticed more by big clubs at National national rather than National North!

He managed to get noticed and I daresay has a higher profile already than many national league players whilst being in national north. A club with a very wealthy backer has offered him a deal he can't turn down and we will get a good chunk of money after he has given us excellent service. Fair dos, we move on.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 09:00:21 PM »

Absolutely gutted to open Twitter to this news - however as was proven with JJ, I'm sure the move will benefit all parties.

Every player has his price, and I have every faith that this will be reinvested in the right way.

Thanks Jordan and good luck.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »

Sh#t happens Very disappointed but we move on and say thank you to Jordan for the last three years.I have every confidence Phil and Neil will bring in a top striker sooner rather than later.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »

So we start the new season without our two best goalscorers. I understand Jordan's logic, and wish him well, but it could hardly be more badly timed.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 09:43:01 PM »

Well they say a picture paints a thousand words just looking at the pictures of Jordan on AFC Flyde website and to say he doesn't look happy is an understatement

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »

This is the perennial problem with supporting a team like Alty, as soon as someone gets noticed by other teams with bigger pockets, they're on their way. First JJ, now Jordan. The season is devalued before its even started for me now.

I know people will be sore and a bit shocked but come on it's a fact of footballing life. When JJ left it was sack cloth and ashes on here - what happened then? For Fylde not to want to disclose the fee after their embarrassing show and tell over Ryan Croasdale's wages and given Jordan signed a new contract a few weeks ago where there will have been a release clause, it'll be serious £. We need to see how PP and NS go about using it now - if past experience is anything to go by, I'm confident.

It's not the start we wanted, obviously, but this season was always going to be a fight anyway, it's just got a bit more difficult sooner than we'd have wanted that's all.

Great post. We make two or three right signings then this transfer maybe a blessing. As a striker he is past his peak.
I am gutted, because he is a character, he has passion and his hold up play and off the ball was very good, but we may need some more pace in this league.
Thank god we still have Hancock, he is our biggest player.

Very good post this-let’s be clear Hancock is a much better footballer than Hulme. Granted he’ll be hard to replace but the 40k or so Fylde will have given us should soften the blow. If Fylde do go up this season he’ll be 31 by the time he samples the 5th tier so I also think we’ve had the best of him. The current management & squad I trust 100% & whilst we’ll have some tough times the club is much bigger than one money motivated individual so for me it’s onwards & upwards.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »

Bugga :'(

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 11:25:18 PM »

Good luck to Jordan and thanks for all his efforts and successes but the timing of this is awful.

The saving grace is that Phil Parkinson and Neil Sorvel have shown, following JJ's transfer, that they can use transfer money to very good effect in getting good and even better reinforcements. This is still a huge blow, though, and I have seen no evidence he is past his peak.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »

Does the transfer window apply to NL?  Do we only have until Monday to get a replacement in?  Clayton, Peers or Ceesay at 9 tomorrow?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2020, 12:41:45 AM »

Does the transfer window apply to NL?  Do we only have until Monday to get a replacement in?  Clayton, Peers or Ceesay at 9 tomorrow?

We'll need Ceesay out wide with Mooney injured and Kosylo probably in Hancock's role. I'm not sure about Clayton as an out and out striker, so I suppose we'll have to hope Peers can step up.

AltyFan101

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 03:40:22 AM »

Kosylo 10, Ceesay and Peers wide and Clayton up top will be today's team surely?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 05:28:35 AM »

I personally take heart from what happened with JJ when he left. The club did not suffer in any way, but we have some great players in our squad who I am confident they will step up to the plate. Not least York's nemesis Tom Peers. If I was Tom I would seize this opportunity given, to be our main man up front. Tom, we have every confidence in you mate, go for it! We also still have the likes of Matty Kosylo and Max Clayton. Believe me, we are still a force to be reckoned with, and that is before Phil and Neil start spending. My guess is they already have irons in the fire, so to speak.

I also wish Jordan the best of luck and thanks for what are now memories, we move on like we did with JJ.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Hulme