+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh vs Alty match thread

Poll

What will the result be?

Eastleigh win
Alty win
Draw

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eastleigh vs Alty match thread  (Read 6068 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh vs Alty match thread
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:45 PM »

Superb draw today under the circumstances. Any points gained away from home in this league is a great achievement in general. Well done to the lads

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »

I am delighted with a draw!

Excellent to see Mullarkey seems to have had another belter and delighted that Williams had a good game too, especially as I am not convinced by him and would love to see him prove me wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 10:37:22 AM »

I am delighted with a draw!

Excellent to see Mullarkey seems to have had another belter and delighted that Williams had a good game too, especially as I am not convinced by him and would love to see him prove me wrong.

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but I'm sure we lost Williams at a similar point in the Stockport FA Cup tie when he had been bossing the midfield - I think we conceded at exactly the same time afterwards?

AltyFan101

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 12:31:58 PM »

Until we find a suitable striker I would start Hancock as a 9 as he can keep hold of the ball.
Kosylo as the no.10 with Mooney and Ceesay out wide.
I would push Toby alongside Moult and drop Williams for this one.
Then put Sutton alongside Hannigan with Hampson LB.
I agree.
In fact that was my pick for the Notts County game.

I still firmly stand by my own suggestion from before the Notts County game; Hancock at 9 and Willo at 10, who I think is underestimated by some on this forum (was excellent today before his injury). Mullarkey alongside Moult, and Sutton alongside Hannigan, would give us a solid spine and give us good ball retention too.

As daft as it sounds after scoring our goal, Ceesay frustrates the life out of me; he can't trap a bag of cement and the suggestion to play him up top is bizarre. I think he'd be much better as our trump card, an impact sub against tired legs. Kosylo and Mooney to start.

Agree with this.  I think Mooney and Kosylo should be the starting wingers and then Ceesay can come on either out wide or up top depending on the circumstances.  The reason Ceesay as striker isn't a bad suggestion is because he is quite good at pressing their defence but otherwise I agree that probably isn't the best position for him unless we are trying to close a game out and need an out ball over the top. 

I personally wouldn't put Hancock up top as I see no reason to play our best player out of position and besides Peers was good against Eastleigh, he held the ball up pretty nicely and his passing was neat.  Williams will be a big miss, he was looking fantastic yesterday, just got to hope he isn't out for long.  Unless we are planning to bring in a loan CM, I would start Richman alongside Jake and keep Mullarkey in the position that he has played excellently in since James Jones left us.  I would partner him with Sutton for now but we do have three quality CBs that can be rotated and still perform to a similar level.

I also think Parky and Sorvs have a big headache when it comes to full backs because as much as Densmore's leadership and experience are vital, I think Senior edges that for me, he has been excellent every time I've seen him play.  I would also start Hampson, especially against Solihull on Tuesday because it looked like Andy picked something up towards the end of yesterday's game.

Thompson
Senior
Mullarkey
Sutton
Hampson
Moult
Richman
Mooney
Hancock
Kosylo
Peers

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »

For what it's worth - and of course I trust that Phil & Neil know best - I agree with you that he'll stick with Peers up top and Hancock at No10 - I wonder if he might start Ceesay again and give Mooney one more run off the bench (personally I'd bring him into the starting XI now).

Similarly I wonder if his plan is to rotate Sutton and Hannigan alongside Mullarkey, in which case I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom come back in.

Agree I think he'll stick with Senior at right back, and assuming White and Williams won't make it, that means Hampson and Richman pick themselves.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh vs Alty match thread