News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 part time and proud part 3

Author Topic: part time and proud part 3  (Read 1311 times)

bumble

« on: June 10, 2011, 07:13:57 PM »

Jacko

Re: part time and proud part 3
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »

THE PAST DOES NOT EQUAL THE FUTURE!!!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »

As far as I'm concerned this Part Time and Proud mantra is absolute crap. We've been relegated from our hopefully intended level because we can't compete with sides who are full or semi-full time. The time to celebrate this situation is over, we will clearly remain part time for now, but should we return to the BSP we need to look at competing properly. Otherwise there is simply no point in attempting to get back up to spend a few seasons with six across the goal line and hoping for scraps.

New broom etc, lets move on up.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

sw
i am in the background in an M people type way .
 we should be moving on up lets get positive about this and start winning games the punters will come if we do and we can average over 1,000 if we hit the ground running and get a few good wins behind us. we have an incredible new follwing of youths and they can encourage their mates . there is a lost couple of genrations but mine and your generation will come back if we start winning i recall the promotion season and seeong some very old faces who used to be there every week they just need a bit of positive encouragement.
 The guys who have saved this club over the last ten years we can only thank and almost worship but some high profile stuff like a cup run for a fecking change
and we can get some new sponsors in to help.
i recall 91 i was working at the railway and i got 30 to 40 people involved including away at stafford and most home games so people will go if we are winning . most of them dont even know the differnce between bsp north and the premier they would just jump on the bandwagon of a winning team.
i feel positive about our new manager and the atmosphere at the club lets spread the word and get us moving on up.
county are out of the league cheshire needs a replacemnt we can do this

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:41 AM »

A really good piece, well done Lisa!

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »

As far as I'm concerned this Part Time and Proud mantra is absolute crap. We've been relegated from our hopefully intended level because we can't compete with sides who are full or semi-full time. The time to celebrate this situation is over, we will clearly remain part time for now, but should we return to the BSP we need to look at competing properly. Otherwise there is simply no point in attempting to get back up to spend a few seasons with six across the goal line and hoping for scraps.

New broom etc, lets move on up.

I think the point of the mantra is our aim is to be the best semi-pro team in the country. We simply can't turn full-time. I think it was Graeme Sharp in the documentary who said sub-2,000 crowds and full-time football doesn't add up. I think that's probably about right. I can't see our crowds swelling to that kind of figure, so until the huge money-spinning draw away to a Premier League club in the FACR3 we have to stick with out current path.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team