PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game - Little starts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Today's game - Little starts  (Read 20594 times)

thegazelle

Re: Today's game - Little starts
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »

she should get her spenders out more often then or does that make it quick unsatisfactory sex

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »

I admit I cannot really judge as I was not at the match, but some refs seem to think the crowd has paid to see them, not the football teams!

Referee didn't do anything wrong. Clee got booked for a diving tackle nowhere near the ball that took the player out, then Senior pushed (a violent push too) a Mansfield player who who had nothing to do with the original incident. Anyone with half a brain knew he was going to get red carded. All this because Nick Clee monents before felt he should have been awarded a free kick.

Mansfield exploited two errors and won. Altrincham's (or certain Altrincham players) lack of discipline cost them the opportunity to come back to draw or win the game.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »

i say we should go for the win, we've got nothing to loose with only 9 men on the field

Anyone who remembers the last few seasons would be astonished to see nine men Alty defending a corner and leaving two up.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »

she should get her spenders out more often then or does that make it quick unsatisfactory sex

Errm, doesn't get that far! see photo ( <- )

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »

I thought overall we deserved a point. A pity Williams header was off side it was a great chip from Colin. I was proud of how the whole team knuckled down. But why for the second goal did we not clear the ball. There were two defenders on there player.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

On a positive note I though Aaron Burns' goal was terrific. It worthy of Colin Little at his finest or even Rod Thornley at his fittest. i hope we can keep him longer.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »

Just got back from the match, we pressed the self destruct button twice for their 2 goals, Senior needlessly got involved and deservedly was awarded the red card. Smith in defence was again outstanding and the way he is improving game by game I expect it will be difficult to keep hold of him.

Though Burns scored a great goal, I was disappointed with his overall workrate but this may be due to lack of games, certainly when down to 9 men he could have put a liitle more running in but seemed to concede defeat on some potential 50/50 opportunities.

Today Kearney was not on his game and the ball given away by him directly to their man lead to their first goal after 7 mins. Yet again the number of corners / free kick we were awarded but then resulted in handing possession straight back to Mansfield was frustrating.

On the whole we battled, kept our heads held high got the fans behind the team and caused plenty of heart stopping moments for a full time side with a far superior budget than ours and despite being down to 9 men (largely of our own making) we could and should have gained something from this game.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »

From the look on Burns's face in the dying moments he wanted it as much as anyone. Like you said, I think it is lack of games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game - Little starts