PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Today's Board Meeting  (Read 20725 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Today's Board Meeting
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 07:09:12 PM »

This decision is a joke. The clique don't give a toss what the supporters think and are only interested in making sure their mate keeps the safest job in football. I won't be coming to any more games (home or away) or assisting with any more fundraising while Heathcote is in charge. Today's announcement is a two fingered salute to everyone outside the clique and I have had enough of it.

When the board can continue to back a man who has behaved as disgustingly as Heathcote did regularly last season and also back him when he has led us to two successive relegations, still referring to him as a "great manager" and licking his arse at every opportunity then it is beyond a joke. I hope the clique enjoy their club because I want nothing to do with it while they are there.

You can keep it.

How do you propose to support the players/team?

In any way that doesn't endorse and/or finance "Heathcote F.C.".  I want nothing futher to do with the club while that idiot is in charge.

As much as I can very much sympathise with what you say (& why you say it) it would be a shame not to go to support the team. Reduced crowds will not change anything except disappoint & dishearten the players.

Alty365

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

It will hurt to do it. However, if our relegation is confirmed it will make little difference anyway as I would find it difficult to get to most games. Nevertheless, as a matter of principle I cannot bring myself to endorse the decision to carry on with the same management in any way.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

We've all said at some point that the buck stops here and its no more Alty. If you succeed you're probably the strongest man ever.

Alty365

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »

We've all said at some point that the buck stops here and its no more Alty. If you succeed you're probably the strongest man ever.

I can honestly say that in 18 years of supporting Alty I have never felt nearly as insulted as I do by today's announcement. Not even John King's "gobsh*tes" comment comes close.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »

It will hurt to do it. However, if our relegation is confirmed it will make little difference anyway as I would find it difficult to get to most games. Nevertheless, as a matter of principle I cannot bring myself to endorse the decision to carry on with the same management in any way.

Fair enough &  understandable.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »

I would like to agree with Alty365's comments and will not be renewing my season ticket for next season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »

I will see how its going on the pitch before i part with money

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 08:02:29 PM »

"The Board paid tribute to the work carried out by Graham Heathcote in putting out a team which has overachieved against clubs with more significant financial resources."

My own opinion on that statement is that if we had overachieved against clubs with more significant financial resources we wouldn't have been relegated surely ?

Okay we got 2 points off Torquay amongst others, but we DID NOT overachieve against everyone with a more financial clout that ourselves.The term overachieve refers to that of 'perform better or achieve a greater degree of success than expected' I don't think that applies to Alty at all.

One sentence... Histon, played 2, 0 points.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »

"The Board paid tribute to the work carried out by Graham Heathcote in putting out a team which has overachieved against clubs with more significant financial resources."

My own opinion on that statement is that if we had overachieved against clubs with more significant financial resources we wouldn't have been relegated surely ?

Okay we got 2 points off Torquay amongst others, but we DID NOT overachieve against everyone with a more financial clout that ourselves.The term overachieve refers to that of 'perform better or achieve a greater degree of success than expected' I don't think that applies to Alty at all.

One sentence... Histon, played 2, 0 points.

Funny, I thought the same thing.

I'd still like to know what the board think represents a good season for Alty.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

Well we know GG would prefer us to be in the BSN......

So disappointed in the board and GH.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

disappointed and disillusioned  >:(

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

Iam an Altrincham fan, and will still be following Altrincham next season, at the end of Altrincham is 'FC' which when I last checked meant football club, therefore I will be supporting the club (players, manager, assistant manager, chairman, ballboys)

These Board Statements just get more and more worrying  :(

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

I can honestly say that in 18 years of supporting Alty I have never felt nearly as insulted as I do by today's announcement. Not even John King's "gobsh*tes" comment comes close.

What was the 'King' comment ? Only just started following Alty in that Era. Thought he was a pretty good manager tbh and 'saved' (?) the club in '96 ?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »

We 'overachieved' by gettin into the Conference in the first placeand  I do not deny that but 3 seasons on and 3 relegations later is NOT overachieving at all.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »

We 'overachieved' by gettin into the Conference in the first placeand  I do not deny that but 3 seasons on and 3 relegations later is NOT overachieving at all.

Quite the opposit, we avoided relegation in the first year on the pitch (I'm forgetting the -18!!) and from there we should have kicked on, built a Conference National standard team and established ourselves  in the league. Instead we underachive every year.

At the start of this season I would have been happy with 5th bottom, had it not been for Halifax's minus 10 points the Weymouth game would have been pointless.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting