PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Today's Board Meeting  (Read 20721 times)

Narcissist

Re: Today's Board Meeting
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

f**k it. Its done now. Nobody can say theyre suprised.

Now its time to think about how else to bring about more success.

Lets wait to see what else was discussed in this meeting. I hope it wasnt the 2 minute hand shake this article suggests. A lot more at stake than just the managers job!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »

I hope in that case we're going to have a positive GH. No going on about the part time thing anymore should we be lucky enough to get reprieved. To say, yes it's difficult but we're going to give it a real go, just like we used to and especially at Moss Lane which we can still make a difficult place for teams to come.

That we will fund the team effectively now we have less constraints and debts dragging us down, a real statment of intent if we're in the BSN and a positive confident attitude if we're in the BSP.

Moreover, that those involved start accepting any criticism with a little more humility and treat the fans as the most important people. It's football, it's a tough job, there will be criticism, it will be thankless, not everyone understands how what hard work it is, just shut up and get on with it and realise what a marvellous position and club it is.

Also, I think there are a few people who should stop reading this forum.

crewe alty

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »

O.k. graham we know you read these messages so how about giving us long suffering paying supporters something to look forward to over the summer.regardless of what league we will be in lets go out and strengthen the team where we need to now and not in the middle of june and lets do it to bsp standards not bsn then if we do go down at least we will have a fighting chance of getting straight back.Other clubs are already signing key players what we need is players who can play in there right positions no swapping and changing?.It would be nice to see some youngsters who are hungry for a game and not the money brought in ala ryan shotton [have a goodwin for that one graham]but thats just my opinion.Theres a core of about 900 of us at most home games and a good 250 at most away games and i know that some of us have a moan at you but that is just through frustration we are a patient loyal bunch who love this club as much as you. I and i,m sure the majority of fans will support you the board and the staff for the comming season all we ask is for a bit of fighting spirit on the pitch ;D and a finish anywhere above the bottom 4 . GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES ;)

COME ON  THE COTES ALTY                        

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »

O.k. graham we know you read these messages so how about giving us long suffering paying supporters something to look forward to over the summer.regardless of what league we will be in lets go out and strengthen the team where we need to now and not in the middle of june and lets do it to bsp standards not bsn then if we do go down at least we will have a fighting chance of getting straight back.Other clubs are already signing key players what we need is players who can play in there right positions no swapping and changing?.It would be nice to see some youngsters who are hungry for a game and not the money brought in ala ryan shotton [have a goodwin for that one graham]but thats just my opinion.Theres a core of about 900 of us at most home games and a good 250 at most away games and i know that some of us have a moan at you but that is just through frustration we are a patient loyal bunch who love this club as much as you. I and i,m sure the majority of fans will support you the board and the staff for the comming season all we ask is for a bit of fighting spirit on the pitch ;D and a finish anywhere above the bottom 4 . GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES ;)

COME ON  THE COTES ALTY                        

Goodwinworthy post.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

Like GH or loath him, the decision has been made.
COME ON ALTY.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »

OK - I have been looking at the past 3 seasons in the Conference and I DO NOT class the 'Robinson relegation" as a relegation as that was no ones fault.....

05/06 - Won 24%, Drawn 26%, Lost 50%
06/07 - Won 28%, Drawn 26%, Lost 46%
07/08 - Won 20%, Drawn 30%, Lost 50%

05/06 - For 40, Against 71, Diff -31
06/07 - For 53, Against 67, Diff -14
07/08 - For 56, Against 82, Diff -26

I want the club to progress... Thats all .... Not be scared and as my motto in life is "Its better to regret something you have done that to regret something you haven't.....

Time will tell .....

Can we move FORWARDS and not be scared of moving the football club forwards as well.

I also disagee with various comments in the past that imply the fans are unrealistic, I can tell you know there aren't many clubs who would back a manager over 3 (well 2) relegations is there ??? and as Fans the support that is directed is second to none in my opinion.

I think Altrincham have the most realistic fans around but I also believe that should not stop them from wanting to be ambitious and also be annoyed/upset if things aren't going well. If people are prepared to take a 'pat on the back' they should be prepared to take some heckling as well.... its part of FOOTBALL or indeed ANY OTHER BUSINESS !?

For me last season wasn't about lack of money or backing by the board or indeed anything off the field but by negative tactics that cost us in games. We should believe in ourselves more and try and kick on and not settle for being a 'part time' team that the whole world is against.  I don't expect 3-4-3 in games but I do expect us to TRY and compete and not just 'hang on' for as long as possible cos the last 2 seasons have proved that doesn't work..

Teams should be scared of coming to Moss Lane and we should be positive enough to impose that.

As a Football club I just ask again that we don't get scared of moving forwards. Altrincham FC is still a big name in non league football and will be back up there in time, if we allow it to.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:10:53 PM by gazwarrington »

JT

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

Like GH or loath him, the decision has been made.
COME ON ALTY.

Yeh lets have a positive next season whatever division we are in, and leave all matters unitl the end of the season, not call for GH to resign in the middle of the season, as that is no good for anybody, and make an improvement on what was a pretty shoddy season we have just had.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »

So, it's official then.

It's a life sentence.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altyf

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

There will clearly be plenty of debate, but let's just hope that Graham has now learnt from some of the questionable tactics and learnt about the types of players we need. In the summer, I was excited about players like Sedgemore and Whalley but we can all now see they aren't the type of players we need. But lets not forget, from janurary onwards we brought in JJ, Shotton, Young, Toulson, King and Turnbull who I thought were all impressive and I can only take this to mean GH has learnt something. Not many people doubt his knowledge of Alty, non-league football and his ability to attract players to the club, so all I want to see now is some good tactics...is that much to ask? In my opinion, he'll have the whole package if he does and so I hope we can see a change in his approach next year, whatever league we're in!

VofD

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 06:14:42 PM »

Let's hope there will be lessCONTAINMENT[ and more ANGER MANAGEMENT.Surely the Board must warn him as to his future conduct when representing the club.

Disgusted.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 06:51:47 PM »

Watch, Listen and Learn :).. Love the words on it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwybu4IhR0

If  you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, and blaming it on you
If you can trust yourself when the board, fans and media doubt you, yet inspire your team to win by a goal, or two

If you can save your team from certain relegation with nothing but your will to win Then give them all the credit, massaging the egos of eleven men
If you can push your superstar, to always up his game Or meet with total disaster and shoulder all the blame
If you can take a rising star and teach him the pitfalls of success Or stand up to the short-sighted board, when they're demanding more for less

If you can go in 3 nil down, then take your men and lift their heads Or endure abuse from the opposition and leave the retorts unsaid
If you can handle the media spotlight, whilst knowing they wait like wolves for your fall Or bring on another striker, risking it all
If you can motivate your men to fill those dying seconds with a last minute run

Yours is the glory, the game and everything that's in it And what's more, you'll be a Manager my son.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:58:01 PM by gazwarrington »

Alty365

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »

This decision is a joke. The clique don't give a toss what the supporters think and are only interested in making sure their mate keeps the safest job in football. I won't be coming to any more games (home or away) or assisting with any more fundraising while Heathcote is in charge. Today's announcement is a two fingered salute to everyone outside the clique and I have had enough of it.

When the board can continue to back a man who has behaved as disgustingly as Heathcote did regularly last season and also back him when he has led us to two successive relegations, still referring to him as a "great manager" and licking his arse at every opportunity then it is beyond a joke. I hope the clique enjoy their club because I want nothing to do with it while they are there.

You can keep it.

AltySi

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

This decision is a joke. The clique don't give a toss what the supporters think and are only interested in making sure their mate keeps the safest job in football. I won't be coming to any more games (home or away) or assisting with any more fundraising while Heathcote is in charge. Today's announcement is a two fingered salute to everyone outside the clique and I have had enough of it.

When the board can continue to back a man who has behaved as disgustingly as Heathcote did regularly last season and also back him when he has led us to two successive relegations, still referring to him as a "great manager" and licking his arse at every opportunity then it is beyond a joke. I hope the clique enjoy their club because I want nothing to do with it while they are there.

You can keep it.

How do you propose to support the players/team?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:00:22 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Alty365

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »

You can keep it.

How do you propose to support the players/team?

In any way that doesn't endorse and/or finance "Heathcote F.C.".  I want nothing futher to do with the club while that idiot is in charge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Board Meeting