* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today

Author Topic: Today  (Read 3555 times)

bumble

Today
« on: December 11, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

Absolute shambles, I echo a previous post about lack of desire. We have been given a golden chance to bag ourselves £5000, money which we know is needed, a place in round 2 (more money, and a big confidence boost.

We did create chances, however we failed to deal with long balls- it could have been 5-0 before we svored.

One thing I noticed today.....

When Nicky Cleese got the ball he stopped or slowed, he just needed to go with speed and twist and turn, the two times he did this it worked.

We also should shoot more in and around the box. A shot can take defelctions,force corners and even go in!

I just hope on Tuesday that they put this behind then get the money and the confidence may begin to seep back in.

andrewflynn

Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

Pointing out what Nicky Clee does or doesn't do with the ball at his feet is the least of my worries at the moment. The team needs some form of fight in it, if you aren't going to scrap for us then f**k off please.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »

Maybe the club still has phone numbers for Bandy, Asa, Scotty and Mad-dog. They would do us ok Tuesday night !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »

I feel that he could have done what he did , but often - he did it once at Cambridge and should have had a pen

All players should use their pace

But yeh I agree if you don't want it, the doors there

mrsband

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »

Maybe the club still has phone numbers for Bandy, Asa, Scotty and Mad-dog. They would do us ok Tuesday night !

Bandy would come back tomorrow if he was asked!! Scotty and Asa are still playing too!!.............

robins1978

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 02:27:41 AM »

Bandy would come back tomorrow if he was asked!! Scotty and Asa are still playing too!!.............
Bandy is one of pen pictures with my framed Alty shirt from 2005! Would love Bandy to come back.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »

Bandy, 100% player.
Just wish we had players with his passion.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:48:21 AM »

I did notice one one or two occasions that as Nicky was racing up field on the left wing with the ball, he had to hold the ball up because our front line had not moved with him. Indeed on one occasion after a good run down the left, sometime before our goal before our goal, there was only 1 player in the middle with him, and he was totally marked out by defenders, hence he had to try moves to keep the ball with a bit of trickery, and then lost it - not his fault.

Wonder if that was the situation the earlier post was referring to.

Butty

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 10:05:36 AM »

All can be said is I hope KM has a few signings/loans prepared for January to unveil on New Years day
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today