News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The actual game today

Author Topic: The actual game today  (Read 2532 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The actual game today
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:56:43 PM »

was promising in the first half.

We clearly look like keeping possession a bit more. Thought Laney did well at centre half as did Kerr when he came on. Some nice approach play centred around Johnson until he started to fade in the second half. Doughty and Street good as well.

Still think we need a few more games to get up to speed.Denham and Meechan seemed a little slow today.

Alty365

Re: The actual game today
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »

Johnson is the target man we have needed so badly for a long time. Strong and good in the air - I think he will work well with Little but he just needs to be a bit more selfish sometimes in front of goal.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »

Thought we played really well, passed around well, I particularly liked the look of the centre midfield today.   I guess we were trying the shut up shop away from home out as little started just infront of the midfield, worked well, could probably have been 0-0 in the first half bar the mistake from coates.  As for coates thought he was ok, mistake was a very bad one but just a one off I hope.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

do you think we can get any of those united lads on loan?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »

They weren't that impressive to be honest, certainly down on the teams they have brought in recent years.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »

I went into yesterday's game with a few doubts - thinking that we'd be a bit gung ho and too direct (Having read about our new attacking style of football on the last 2 match reports).

But in the first half I was pleasantly suprised,

Thought Street looked mobile in midfield, Doughty was OK at left back and linked up with Denham well - Although agree with Ballers, that there is much more to come from them.

Meechan - not in the game much, Is Right wing his best position?

Danylyk - looked a bit lightweight and I can't help think that the jump up in class may be a bit much for him. Of course he deserves a couple more chances before we all judge him - At least he put himself about a bit!

Coates - not the answer as a 2nd choice to Stu - Huge mistake for the 1st goal, but even after that seemed a little hesistant - and is it just me or is he really small for a GK?

My only other fear - personnel wise is that we need at least 1 other centre half - Laney and Greg looked OK there yesterday, but if there was an injury then who would slot in there? hopefully GH/GB have someone in mind?!

The style of football was appealing in that we retained possession well and knocked the ball about a bit. Johnson as a target man looked OK, if not a bit immobile - but I guess it is pre-season!

A pleasing 1st half, spoilt by the "Man U" fans in the 2nd half, with more attention focused on them, but overall not a bad start.

Sadly! won't be there Tues but will be at Stalybridge next Sat......

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »

I went into yesterday's game with a few doubts - thinking that we'd be a bit gung ho and too direct (Having read about our new attacking style of football on the last 2 match reports).

But in the first half I was pleasantly suprised,

Thought Street looked mobile in midfield, Doughty was OK at left back and linked up with Denham well - Although agree with Ballers, that there is much more to come from them.

Meechan - not in the game much, Is Right wing his best position?

Danylyk - looked a bit lightweight and I can't help think that the jump up in class may be a bit much for him. Of course he deserves a couple more chances before we all judge him - At least he put himself about a bit!

Coates - not the answer as a 2nd choice to Stu - Huge mistake for the 1st goal, but even after that seemed a little hesistant - and is it just me or is he really small for a GK?
My only other fear - personnel wise is that we need at least 1 other centre half - Laney and Greg looked OK there yesterday, but if there was an injury then who would slot in there? hopefully GH/GB have someone in mind?!

The style of football was appealing in that we retained possession well and knocked the ball about a bit. Johnson as a target man looked OK, if not a bit immobile - but I guess it is pre-season!

A pleasing 1st half, spoilt by the "Man U" fans in the 2nd half, with more attention focused on them, but overall not a bad start.

Sadly! won't be there Tues but will be at Stalybridge next Sat......

To be honest i'd rather he made them kind of f'ups now in pre-season rather than us lose 3 points in a league game due to it. As they say 'better to get it out his system now' time will tell, exactly what pre-season is for  ;)  I always thought Acton was good but last season, think it was at home v Woking he was awful, and at this level Coburn needs pushing to the limit. Although Tim Cahill didn't get much of a look in I firmly believe it gave Little a kick up the arse last season, therefore job done.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:27:17 PM »

To be honest, looked like Lane gave Coates a bad pass back anyway, the United player looked half a yard ahead of him and was anticipating the backpass. Looked like it was an awkward one as it bounced right under his foot, and Laney looked like he hit it with some pace back as well. Think it was more 6 of one and half a dozen of the other

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:00:32 PM »

it bounced right under his foot

How high had he lifted his foot up?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The actual game today