News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Adam Griffin

Author Topic: Adam Griffin  (Read 2371 times)

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Adam Griffin
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

What are peoples opinion on him?

I personally see him as a bit of a week link and a liability, he's more often than not out of position and he doesn't have the attacking ability that buzz has IMO. Everything Telford did came down our left. We have looked very vulnerable on our left side in recent weeks and I would much prefer to see buzz start on Saturday

bighairedmike

Re: Adam Griffin
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »

I think Buzz was injured last night. He came off early in the CSC game last week.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

I think Adam is doing well, certainly has more pace than Buzz who, IMO wouldnt have coped any better last night in difficult conditions against a very pacey side, that winger Whalley is a class player.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »

Still to be convinced. My main concern is his unwillingness to go into 50-50 challenges.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »

Griff has been caught out of position on many occasions that I have seen him. He has a decent cross on him but he doesn't get up and down the wing as readily as Buzz. Personally I'm a little disappointed in his performances so far in an Alty shirt. As Phil says, he doesn't commit to 50/50's and thats something that a few of our players are culprits of already, and not something we need more of. Yesterday evening, whenever Adam got the ball his first thought was to hoof it up to the two strikers, again something that I have noticed him do a lot since joining.

I know he's a decent player and thats why I'm not writing him off yet, he just needs to up his game a bit.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »

I don't think there is much wrong with Griffin or Coburn for that matter, its just frustration that people are looking for a reason.  We all can appreciate the team isn't performing up to expectations, apart from the midfield issue, nothing much wrong with the team
Bernard Taylors barmy army

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »

The Telford no. 7 roasted him several times last night. The trouble is that, with all due respect, he would have done Doughty even more often - incidentally, if you read the physio's programme notes you will know that Buzz may be available for selection on Saturday but wasn't fit last night. Adam Griffin is a decent enough full-back, in my honest opinion, and our real problems lie elsewhere - principally in the fact that we don't possess a ball-winner in midfield. Let's focus on them.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »

I think griffin has done ok had a hard night last night but whalley was fast and quality and would've given Danny Adams or Peter densmore a hard night

Trouty

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

Griifin over Doughty for me every time

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »

For me Doughty is a better player. More of an understanding with Clee and a better passer of the ball. Strange signing as I think there were other areas of the team that required strengthening more urgently.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

If Perry had been capable of moving half a yard onto two of the best crosses I've ever seen (by Griffin against Worcester last week) we'd probably be saying how well he's doing.

He seems solid enough to me, as others have said, our problems lie elsewhere and if the manager can't see it I'm more concerned than ever.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Adam Griffin