PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted: your memories of Alty winning the APL title at Gravesend in May 1980
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wanted: your memories of Alty winning the APL title at Gravesend in May 1980  (Read 4237 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

please do dig out the pictures as they may stop my head exploding. Looking from the covered end the main stand is on your left, perhaps its been built since and the celebrations were conducted in the tiny little stand on the other side....

Exactly, so glad it's not just me Jim. I reckon there was another stand on that side, it wasn't full length I'm sure. Middle span about like ours. 
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

please do dig out the pictures as they may stop my head exploding. Looking from the covered end the main stand is on your left, perhaps its been built since and the celebrations were conducted in the tiny little stand on the other side....

Exactly, so glad it's not just me Jim. I reckon there was another stand on that side, it wasn't full length I'm sure. Middle span about like ours. 

I was behind the open end for the whole game.....where we scored our two first half goals.The main stand......where the trophy was presented was to the left. I thought we were segregated.....but I'm not sure about this.

Definitely sure about where the presentations were though.......that stand is virtually the same to this day....just new seats....opposite has always been a standing covered terrace.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I remember that the blonde girl who presented Choc-A-Bloc was really beautiful and I liked watching Bod.

Sorry Cult, that's as much as I can remember of May 1980..

Ballers,

Thirty one years on....but I suspect that some things haven't changed.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

I remember that the blonde girl who presented Choc-A-Bloc was really beautiful and I liked watching Bod.

Sorry Cult, that's as much as I can remember of May 1980..

Ballers,

Thirty one years on....but I suspect that some things haven't changed.....

Wouldn't be so sure about that blonde !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Huge thanks to everyone who has submitted their reminiscences either via this thread or by sending me an email or two.

There's still time for any late contributions......

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wanted: your memories of Alty winning the APL title at Gravesend in May 1980