PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lack of height in the back line
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lack of height in the back line  (Read 3947 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ellender
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »

was always up to the job. Didn't see Dale's first games but always looked ok. My biggest problem with Joseph is that he isn't Greg Young which of course is grossly unfair.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of height in the back line
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »

I just looked at this video and the problem was that neither centre half were marking their two players at the back post, it wasnt Joseph who actually jumped with their scorer, not sure who it was, can anyone make out who jumped with Wright?

I dont disagree that Joseph lacks aerial ability, however he does have other strengths and we need to give the lad time to settle in and get used to the system and his team mates. Maybe against the bigger teams height wise GH/KM may decide to use Welchy when needed. Bottom line is,....we cant afford anyone else, Greg has gone, so let's get on with it. The management know what they are doing 8)

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »

Joseph is allegedly six feet tall - so it's not a lack of height, but aerial technique. He looked useul on the left of the back four in pre-season, so perhaps we should put him there, with Welch in the middle, and Brown in midfield.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »

Joseph is allegedly six feet tall - so it's not a lack of height, but aerial technique. He looked useul on the left of the back four in pre-season, so perhaps we should put him there, with Welch in the middle, and Brown in midfield.

You have a point there Phil, as I have noticed that Joseph doesnt really get up to head the ball but seems to keep his feet on the ground mostly.

VofD

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »

and every free kick he took was massively overhit. >:( >:( >:(

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »

You have a point there Phil, as I have noticed that Joseph doesnt really get up to head the ball but seems to keep his feet on the ground mostly.

Shades of Darren Tinson in fact.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lack of height in the back line