Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I don't think that I've ever heard Moss Lane go as quiet during a game.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I don't think that I've ever heard Moss Lane go as quiet during a game.....  (Read 4793 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

....as it did in those moments after Carlos Logan's suicidal backpass had gifted Histon their winning goal yesterday afternoon.

Horrendous.

An object lesson in how to throw away a game that we should have gone on to win once we equalised.

However, Logan should not shoulder all the blame.
Colin Little has missed three great chances to score and where were our central defenders for their first goal (which, admittedly, arose from a blatant offside that wasn't given)?
Akurang even had time to stumble in the box, get to his feet and then nod in a free header.

I've a horrible feeling that result will come back to haunt us next April.

Histon, a part-time team in their first year at this level, are now 20 points ahead of us.
How can that be?

Eight home defeats in 11 games at Moss Lane is shameful and clearly relegation form.

Roll on January, when Mister Heathcote will have to work some urgent magic in the recruitment of some new players.
I hope that the Board will back him. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Can only agree, I just stood there completly stunned.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Agreed, forget new snack bars and toilets, we'd need some astute quality signings in Jan, thats where the money should be directed.Histon have three of the portable stands that you can buy in the non-league paper,and look where they are in the table.The stadiium here is fine and any improvemnets can wait in my opinion.We play some really nice football,but its no good if yuor gifting teams a goal  every f**king week.3 or 4 quality player will turn us into a decent side. Robbie lawton was my man of the match yesterday,I thought he ran his heart out.

VofD

Surely, eight home defeats in 11 games, and a points tally of FIFTEEN out of a possible SIXTY-THREE is clearly "manager sacking" form. >:( >:( >:(

lukealty12

100% agree cult.

The way i look at it is we lost the game they didnt win it (if you get me).

It was a poor ball from logan but we still had chances to win the game before it, logan must be very  low in confidence.

He needs a start and must be playing more to reach his full potential.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Histn may be where they are due to being parttime with no other clubs at that level in the area?

Also the stature of there players seemed larger the two centre halves and the forwards.

Finally Confidence

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

100% agree cult.

The way i look at it is we lost the game they didnt win it (if you get me).

It was a poor ball from logan but we still had chances to win the game before it, logan must be very  low in confidence.

He needs a start and must be playing more to reach his full potential.

Couldn’t agree more we are in danger of wasting Logan's talents altogether.

Hamilton

Surely, eight home defeats in 11 games, and a points tally of FIFTEEN out of a possible SIXTY-THREE is clearly "manager sacking" form. >:( >:( >:(

V of D, I have not been accessing this forum for long and don't recall criticising anyone or getting so frustrated by anyone in that time.

None of us are happy with our league position and would like us to do better, and many posters say as much - they also say what they would like to see happen, suggest changes etc.

There are a few threads where you criticise/slag off/state the bleedin obvious. Thats all very easy to do and completely unimaginative. Now, taking into consideration we have the lowest (or one of the lowest) wage budgets in the league, GH will not be leaving in the near future and Alty are lucky to a) have a club and b) be in this league, can you please post something cunstructive and maybe suggest realistic ways in which the management and board can improve things.

See Cults post at the head of the thread for hints.

I thank you.

Jenga

Agreed, forget new snack bars and toilets, we'd need some astute quality signings in Jan, thats where the money should be directed.Histon have three of the portable stands that you can buy in the non-league paper,and look where they are in the table.The stadiium here is fine and any improvemnets can wait in my opinion.We play some really nice football,but its no good if yuor gifting teams a goal  every f**king week.3 or 4 quality player will turn us into a decent side. Robbie lawton was my man of the match yesterday,I thought he ran his heart out.

Agreed, spend the lot on players imho, my sh*t can wait  ;D

louise1925

I don't even think it is three or four quality players we need, just a striker and a left back will do.

Dougals Dad

Re: I don't think that I've ever heard Moss Lane go as quiet during a game.....
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »

One  is humbled by the sacrifices made for this club  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 06:52:19 PM »

Agreed, forget new snack bars and toilets, we'd need some astute quality signings in Jan, thats where the money should be directed.

Lol, imagine a piece in the paper. Alty fans have clubbed together and all decided they'll have a piss at home before they come to the football or will tie a knot in it..or will go to the toilets lots at away matches in order that funds can be directed towards a left back.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 07:24:24 PM »

Agreed, forget new snack bars and toilets, we'd need some astute quality signings in Jan, thats where the money should be directed.

Lol, imagine a piece in the paper. Alty fans have clubbed together and all decided they'll have a piss at home before they come to the football or will tie a knot in it..or will go to the toilets lots at away matches in order that funds can be directed towards a left back.
The new toilet block is  being built with the aid of a grant if you don't use the grant within a certain time you lose it.
We could all pxss in the buckets instead.

Only 9  peakes required to reach 300, Feel free
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:39:24 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »

The new toilet block is  being built with the aid of a grant if you don't use the grant within a certain time you lose it.

Don't like giving Peakes, have a Goodwin

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 08:32:57 AM »

A Goodwin from me too.  The grant issue needed pointing out
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I don't think that I've ever heard Moss Lane go as quiet during a game.....