News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No ones interested in investing in nonleague clubs part 2232

Author Topic: No ones interested in investing in nonleague clubs part 2232  (Read 5132 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: No ones interested in investing in nonleague clubs part 2232
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »

"Land on and around the site of the Card's Kingfield Stadium may well provide development opportunities". We're in "be careful what you wish for" territory here.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »

To judge from last season's mid table finish, investment in AFC Tubize hasn't been a great help on the field.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »

"Land on and around the site of the Card's Kingfield Stadium may well provide development opportunities". We're in "be careful what you wish for" territory here.

Consider the full quote:
"Land on and around the site of the Cards’ Kingfield Stadium home may well provide development opportunities, which could help sustain a club that has ambitions to play in the Football League."

The point being made is that the Kingfield site provides the kind of development opportunities which could potentially sustain a Football League Club; not something you could say of the Alty stadium site unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:38:03 PM by Graham Bennetts Perm »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:53:49 PM »

Consider the full quote:
"Land on and around the site of the Cards’ Kingfield Stadium home may well provide development opportunities, which could help sustain a club that has ambitions to play in the Football League."

The point being made is that the Kingfield site provides the kind of development opportunities which could potentially sustain a Football League Club; not something you could say of thAlty stadium site unfortunately.

Apart from the training facility mentioned in the 5-year plan?

Get shirts from Ian put that person name on the back, letter why that person is wanting as part of the club, and box it up nicely. I think that would start several meaningful conversations atleast.
It's all my fault.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »

Consider the full quote:

The point being made is that the Kingfield site provides the kind of development opportunities which could potentially sustain a Football League Club; not something you could say of thAlty stadium site unfortunately.

Apart from the training facility mentioned in the 5-year plan?

Get shirts from Ian put that person name on the back, letter why that person is wanting as part of the club, and box it up nicely. I think that would start several meaningful conversations atleast.

I'm thinking specifically that "development opportunities" refers to the commercial infrastructure and associated resources required to generate sufficient income for funding, or even partly funding, a full time professional Club.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »

Are the "development opportunities" being considered at Woking likely to be much different from when Goodwin/Rowley/Shaw sold off the Chequers End for housing to clear the club's historical debts? Or even when we built a community hall inside our ground?

Be careful what you wish for? The fear of outsiders around this club never fails to amaze me.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »

Are the "development opportunities" being considered at Woking likely to be much different from when Goodwin/Rowley/Shaw sold off the Chequers End for housing to clear the club's historical debts? Or even when we built a community hall inside our ground?

Be careful what you wish for? The fear of outsiders around this club never fails to amaze me.

Matt....the Chequers End is still part of the ground, it was the Car Park & the building that had been Chequers that was sold. Goodwin/Rowley/Shaw couldn't have sold this, as Altrincham FC, as tenants, did not own either the building or the Car Park. As tenants, I am not sure where the club stood legally on this transaction, but if, as you state, the funds raised cleared our substantial historical debts, then I think that they cut a very good deal for Altrincham FC.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:20:55 PM by Brian Flynn »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 10:54:37 PM »

I took a walk through Altrincham town centre last week, and I could genuinely count on one hand the number of shops and companies that actively are financially supporting the football club - that I know of.

Even just getting 20 local companies signed up on annual basis help us us a heck of lot.
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »

Matt....the Chequers End is still part of the ground, it was the Car Park & the building that had been Chequers that was sold. Goodwin/Rowley/Shaw couldn't have sold this, as Altrincham FC, as tenants, did not own either the building or the Car Park. As tenants, I am not sure where the club stood legally on this transaction, but if, as you state, the funds raised cleared our substantial historical debts, then I think that they cut a very good deal for Altrincham FC.

I was referring to the car park at that end rather than the terrace, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that it was a good thing. Who wouldn't?

Both developments were positive, and should have moved the club forward. The point I was trying to make, although clearly not very well, was that we shouldn't then be peering down our nose at other clubs considering their own developments.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »

I was referring to the car park at that end rather than the terrace, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that it was a good thing. Who wouldn't?

Both developments were positive, and should have moved the club forward. The point I was trying to make, although clearly not very well, was that we shouldn't then be peering down our nose at other clubs considering their own developments.

Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No ones interested in investing in nonleague clubs part 2232