Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.  (Read 7725 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 10:22:17 AM »

But it might only be a convention. It's handing some advantage back to the team that conceded the free-kick.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:08 AM »

Agreed. But if you're going to break with the convention, you should let everyone know that in advance.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »

It is indeed only a convention and, in law the Referee is allowed to permit a free Kick to be taken whenever he/she wishes.

However, it would be insulting to a Schoolboy/Girl Referee to describe Mr Salisbury allowing the Free Kick to be taken when he did as a Schoolboy error.

A Referee who permits this to occur is storing up so many problems for themselves it is beyond description and basic referee course candidates are advised VERY STRONGLY that they should NEVER do this

Robins Retweet

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »

Lee Sinnott is a poor manager of players, how he has managed to get disruption into such a positive side early on in the season i will never understand, he could'nt motivate a macc fan next to a sheep on heat!!! he is not the man to take us up, we have good quality for this level but i fear when it comes to crunch matches like play off games and promotion contenders we do not perform consistantly at all, he will get season after season here though as we are a nesting club.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:04:58 PM by Are we human ...or are we densmore »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »

Mister Flynn needs to adopt a more Paxmanesque approach.

Tame stuff.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »

Lee Sinnott is a poor manager of players, how he has managed to get disruption into such a positive side early on in the season i will never understand, he could'nt motivate a macc fan next to a sheep on heat!!! he is not the man to take us up, we have good quality for this level but i fear when it comes to crunch matches like play off games and promotion contenders we do not perform consistantly at all, he will get season after season here though as we are a nesting club.

How can you possibly know whether the squad has been disrupted? Are you basing this on Clee and Reeves being disappointed at coming off? Sounds like that's a natural reaction for most motivated players to me. We played poorly in one play off game last year. It happens. We went on a great run to secure our play off place and beat one of the championship contenders in Brackley a couple of weeks ago so there are crunch matches that he's led us through fine.

The standards set on here are impossible at times. I don't think Some people will be happy until we're 20 points clear at the top of the table.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »

Provided there's only six games to go  ;D

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »

What I find somewhat disappointing is that it would seem that there was never any question of bringing on one of the youngsters. It was clear - and seems clear to the manager too, from the way he spoke - that Wilkinson was knackered well before the end of the game but no move was made to replace him. The boy Gilroy has now been on the bench half a dozen times without getting even a sniff of a chance; some of us would like to see what he can do, rather than have confirmed to us what older players can't do. I don't often quarrel with the management - they are far better qualified than I - but on this occasion I do think they got it wrong.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 06:47:52 PM »

We have good quality  at this level   says are we human , Sinnot put most of this squad together yet he not good enough manager to get us up ? Agree made bad sub's on Saturday but when he gets sub's right no one says well done .

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »

It's hard to make good subs with such a small squad but in fairness to the people on here many gave him credit for the subs he made at Worcester which won us the game and the second half v guiseley
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:13:03 PM by Jimmy »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

We've only got 14 good enough players. Anyone could pick an 11 that would won 70% games. Trouble on Saturday that 3 of the 14 were unavailable.

As good as the changes against Guisley were Saturday were disasterous.
Full time and proud of it

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »

Mister Flynn needs to adopt a more Paxmanesque approach.

Tame stuff.

I was thinking the same myself.... professional and diplomatic as Brian Flynn is and no offence to his undoubted talents disgracefully unnoticed by SKY and BBC etc....and I was wondering if we could have a guest interviewer for alty TV and I'd like to nominate VofD ....then we'd get some interesting questions.... ;D ;D ;D

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »

We've only got 14 good enough players. Anyone could pick an 11 that would won 70% games. Trouble on Saturday that 3 of the 14 were unavailable.

As good as the changes against Guisley were Saturday were disasterous.
I agree I was just trying to explain that fans do give him credit

Robins Retweet

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »

How can you possibly know whether the squad has been disrupted? Are you basing this on Clee and Reeves being disappointed at coming off? Sounds like that's a natural reaction for most motivated players to me. We played poorly in one play off game last year. It happens. We went on a great run to secure our play off place and beat one of the championship contenders in Brackley a couple of weeks ago so there are crunch matches that he's led us through fine.

The standards set on here are impossible at times. I don't think Some people will be happy until we're 20 points clear at the top of the table.
we played poorly in plenty of games last season, and this season already too...only this is a far worse league than last seasons.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »

If you go into a campaign with a small squad there is no room for error and 2 of his summer signings are not good enough smickle and perry and he shouldev released Rodgers however due to the fact we don't have enough defenders perhaps just aswell they kept Rodgers despite his lack of quality
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott interview after the Hednesford game.