PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now In Rlegation Zone
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Now In Rlegation Zone  (Read 7663 times)

VofD

Now In Rlegation Zone
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »

Now in relegation battle : 2 points from last 6 games.3 wins from the 3 home games over festive period now VITAL >:( >:( >:(

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Now In Rlegation Zone
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 05:36:10 PM »

sounds unllucky today we had more shots apparently , looking very tight and could go all the way.still need a couple of new players to freshen things up i fell.

andyc

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

The way I see it is that the next 2 home games are must wins. So lets start with an attacking line up and go for it, draws are no good in these games. We could realistically get 9/10 points from the next 4 games although Rushden will probably have a new manager in by the time we play them. Good to see Little & O'Neill on the scoresheet today but we seem to be leaking a lot of goals at the moment. Personally I would start with Thornley & Little at home with O'Neill just behind them. I think it will be 4 from Alty, Southport, St Albans, Tamworth, Forest Green, Crawley, Stafford and Vics for the drop with Kiddy, Rushden & Cambridge having enough to pull clear. If Tamworth beat Vics on the 19th Dec we will go above them if we win on Boxing Day. Its getting really tight and a couple of wins would lift us to mid table. Here's hoping!

northwich

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:42:18 PM »

you wont beat us boxing day, enjoy confrence north next season

andyc

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 06:53:54 PM »

If we go I'm sure you'll be coming with us, so another 2 derbies to enjoy!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 08:33:07 PM »

Not having Karl today would be unsettling and with asa dropped it is like having a new defence?

I personally would give Acton a go, he kept a good ratio of clean heets in the games he played!

Good to see Colin and Joe scoring, we need to stop leaking goals, we are definetly playing better football this season.

brian rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »

Agree totally with the above posts. Again, we were very unlucky today. Even the Kiddy goalie shook his head over the penalty award and our hard work deserved at least a draw. With Munroe back we should shore up the back a bit, though I would certainly recall Richard Acton. Up front, it either has to be Colin and Rod or if GH doesn't like picking Rod, then a striker on loan. We now desperately need the points v FGR and Vics - both very winnable. Come on Alty and well done today.
AltyBri

Daycare Dan

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 09:22:56 PM »

if GH doesn't like picking Rod, then a striker on loan.

From where??

GH has already said any forward who is good enough to bang the goals in at this level we won't be able to afford. Maybe time to bring the boy Hendley back in - his pace and eye for goal could be what we are looking for. Let's be honest we're not the quickest team ever are we?

brian rooney

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »

Ironically, we've scored four times in two matches (which is pretty good) and so it's probably more a case of finding the right balance between attacking and defensive football. It's a bit weird at the moment, because we seem to be drawing or losing by the odd goal and generally playing quite well! This is going to be a hard one to call. Right now, I'd settle for a last match of the season decider!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 09:38:20 PM »

Agreed.

-v- Burton it was our fault we lost, we gifted them two goals.

Today we did okay I thought (missed Karl) but the ref was diabolical on another day we could and should have come away from there with a point maybe three.

I still don't see any reason why we can't stay up this season, it's just like last year we went a while without getting any results and then we'd pick up 8-9 points in a month. It could happen again and I really hope it does.

Let's all keep the faith.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »

I think a well done to Joe O'Neill, made the first by keeping it in, and scoring the second.

Yet again we played well but came away with nothing, but playing well and gettin praise wo n't  keep us up.

Lewis had a poor game, Bushall, well yet again I expected more.

Ref what a complete and utter C**t, but I'm sorry to say it aint going to get any better
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 12:30:19 AM »

I'm afraid you can't put in a defensive performance as we did today and claim that we really deserved anything from the game.

I don't really blame anyone for the defensive lapses today due to the fact Band and Talbot haven't played properly for months, let alone as a central defensive partnership. Although the defending wasn't great today the real difference between Band/Talbot and Rose/Munroe is the quality of distribution, with the former I'm afraid there isn't any (quality or distribution) whilst the latter are able to put their foot on the ball and allow us to play out of defence. Too many times Band would simply hoof the ball forward only for the Kidderminster midfield to pick up the ball and come at us again, and again and again. Please don't think I'm picking on Band, in terms of his actual defending he is sound and no one puts in more effort than him but the sooner we regain the Munroe/Rose partnership the better.

The referee was weak and was influenced the crowd (both home and away) but he wasn't the reason we lost, nor was he arguably the reason we didn't get a point. Even if the dubious penalty hadn't been given it wouldn't have been a surprise if Kidderminster got a goal before half time. After we conceded the equaliser we barely made it into their half and it was a welcome relief when the whistle for half time came.

As for the strikers and midfield I'd leave it as it is, we're creating chances and scoring goals, however we're simply conceding too many at the back. It was also clear today that we need a dedicated left back (I realise we have a strict budget, however this isn't a moan just an observation) Peyton has done a decent job in that position but essentially he is playing out of position and too often we get exposed down the left (i.e. today and Grays).

Other than that everything's fine. ;D
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

jonosmithuk

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:44:29 AM »

today could've gone either way.
We had a lot oof chances- so did you. The pen was vry harsh.

northwich

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 10:28:18 AM »

what are your next four fixtures..

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:32 PM »

what are your next four fixtures..

arsehole  >:(
Pages: [1] 2