PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 14378 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »

Point 4 in my original post Jimmy, how about a draw in the cup or a Watmore sell-on. Look at what happened to Burton?

If it can happen to the likes of Burton, Kiddy and Macc, why can't it happen to us? The club are on the up and providing they do not get to big too quick, there is no reason why this should not happen. I believe we have the infrastructure of the team, the management and the board to do this longer term. All we need is to believe this can happen. I happen to think it could, not necessarily next season but perhaps in 2-3 years time.

Also, where are the all the critics now????
I was a critic but I think he has done a decent job he has still made mistakes going back to 4 4 2 keeping perrybringing in Gillespie but a promotion followed by lower mid table is a decent effort

Saying that though, I think the majority of us were excited and satisfied when just prior to the friendly at Trafford we had signed him. There have been a few lows, but this season was all about consolidating our place in this league, and we have achieved that with ease. Next season I would like us comfortable mid-table from the start, have a cup run that could maybe propel us up the table later on in the season and roll the dice.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jenga

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 12:49:53 PM »

I have always said that LS had and will do a good job for us (i did think twice though once or twice).

Every manager at every level will bring in players who don't perform or make substitutions and team choices that don't work out. THAT IS FOOTBALL.

You have to look at a team, a manager, a club over a number of seasons, not just one game. It takes time to mold a squad, to improve the backroom staff, to bring in the fans and get the results.

LS took a lot of stick early doors and gradually the stick has reduced to even now singing songs for him.

There will be times again where not everyone agrees with his decisions, but again you have to judge over a period time, not just one decision or game or even handful of games. We as fans are not generally privy to players situations, niggles, injuries, personal lives, etc and whilst we may wonder why i player is on the bench there is often very good reason.

Going forward i would love to see some further ground improvements (on top of the family stand, new floodlights, new snack bars - with stoppers, CSH, new turnstiles), mainly a new roof here and there as the current asbestos roof on the Golf Road and Pop side are bloody awful.

But first and foremost we need to see a consistent approach on the field. We have a good nucleus of players, we probably need another 3 first team players to push others along and to fight for places. But these players need to gel with our current philosophy and hard working on the pitch attitude. However playing budgets are difficult to juggle, we may not be able to afford 3 good quality players and so we may need to continue balancing first team, subs and fringe players to balance the books.

Onwards and upwards. Personally top half of the table again for me next year and a consolidation year would be very welcomed. Bearing in mind this year all we wanted to was to be 20th or above. Our sights are gradually getting higher.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 03:39:12 PM »

I said at the beginning of the season that if we stayed up we would have a young squad who had grown up together and therefore would be the basis for kicking on.  We have stayed up, and we haven't compromised our "get the ball on the ground and play" philosophy.  I am very pleased to be in this position.

I was trying to remember the last time we had a long period of slow build / improvement in the squad - and I go back to Tony Sanders coming in towards the end of 75-76 season, adding a couple of players a season and creating an awesome beast of a team over 4 years.

The only difference back then was that if we wanted any player we just went and got them - Rogers, Howard, King, Bailey, Whitbread - the best of the best.

But even then we signed players who never really did it in an Alty shirt  - we all thought Tony Webber would be our target man for a number of years but it was the other debutant against Gainsbro back in Dec 76 that became a hero - Jeff Johnson.

Also in the early years we had a squad with journeymen like Tony Bannister, Joe Flaherty and Paul Clements mixed with those who persevered - John Owens, John Davison, Mickey Brooke and Ivan Crossley.

A couple of new signings, a tightly knit team that now each other even better and we can be looking at comfortable top 10 / edge of playoffs.

But do note - we start each season poorly and improve, but each season is better than the previous one.  and that's why we have FA Cup shocks - because the games are early in the season

Having said that I would have liked to have seen Wilkinson playing behind Reeves in a 4-4-1-1 formation - he has scored a bunch of goals sitting behind the front man, including Guiseley.  It would also have minimised his poor tracking back.  I reckon that opportunity may have gone now

eightiesrobin

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »

Point 4 in my original post Jimmy, how about a draw in the cup or a Watmore sell-on. Look at what happened to Burton?

If it can happen to the likes of Burton, Kiddy and Macc, why can't it happen to us? The club are on the up and providing they do not get to big too quick, there is no reason why this should not happen. I believe we have the infrastructure of the team, the management and the board to do this longer term. All we need is to believe this can happen. I happen to think it could, not necessarily next season but perhaps in 2-3 years time.

I was a critic but I think he has done a decent job he has still made mistakes going back to 4 4 2 keeping perrybringing in Gillespie but a promotion followed by lower mid table is a decent effort

Saying that though, I think the majority of us were excited and satisfied when just prior to the friendly at Trafford we had signed him. There have been a few lows, but this season was all about consolidating our place in this league, and we have achieved that with ease. Next season I would like us comfortable mid-table from the start, have a cup run that could maybe propel us up the table later on in the season and roll the dice.

Despite some of Lee's blind spots, I don't think anyone could have foreseen Gillespie's fall from grace.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 05:43:30 PM »

Despite some of Lee's blind spots, I don't think anyone could have foreseen Gillespie's fall from grace.

Gillespie's poor appearance and goalscoring records during the two preceding seasons did give some of us cause for concern when we signed him last summer but the spectacular nosedive that his career has suffered since he arrived at Alty has been painfully astonishing.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott