PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 14378 times)

Beaver

Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 10:28:07 PM »

We would need a sugar daddy or crowds 3 thousand to turn pro I'd say so that's not a option

Not to mention the fact that the best part time players in the country are a class above the worst full time players, as we've shown this season at times. Can't see why we'd want to follow the full time model at conf national level, it stinks!

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 10:52:59 PM »

I can understand why teams do it's probably the only way to get promoted I would agree the best part time players are much better than the worst full time players

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 11:35:08 PM »

I for one am happy lee see's his future at the club we play nice football , have loyal players and a great set up .... 5 years ago we would have killed to have been in this situation so all you haters out there , we aren't money bags , we arnt massive fan base but what we are is loyal hard working proud football team that lee has created
FFS

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 10:32:04 PM »

Hash, I agree with you 100%, you are seeing what I see; and why not be optimistic for the future. I forsaw all this when Lee first started. I have always supported him and the team. Lee had his critics but you to look at his aims. I have always enjoyed his meetings, he talks common sense and I like his and Tols' general philosophy re the club's future. Yes, they neither confirm or deny what will happen in the future. I have already bet our Alex that Alty FC will be a 2nd division side in by 2019, he told me today he is worried!!

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 10:36:58 PM »

Steve as well as lee and the club are doing they will not make the leauge without a serious amount of money either very rich person or a cup tie at man utd or another huge club
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:44:16 PM by Jimmy »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »

Point 4 in my original post Jimmy, how about a draw in the cup or a Watmore sell-on. Look at what happened to Burton?

If it can happen to the likes of Burton, Kiddy and Macc, why can't it happen to us? The club are on the up and providing they do not get to big too quick, there is no reason why this should not happen. I believe we have the infrastructure of the team, the management and the board to do this longer term. All we need is to believe this can happen. I happen to think it could, not necessarily next season but perhaps in 2-3 years time.

Also, where are the all the critics now????

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:18 PM »

Burton drew man utd kiddy bigger club and spent money macc same size club but got up by pulling a fast one on other peoples money macc now are heavily backed as for Watmore I believe he will have a decent career in the leauge not top flight and I can't see us getting a sell on fee I will add we don't win many cup games
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:07:51 PM by Jimmy »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »

Point 4 in my original post Jimmy, how about a draw in the cup or a Watmore sell-on. Look at what happened to Burton?

If it can happen to the likes of Burton, Kiddy and Macc, why can't it happen to us? The club are on the up and providing they do not get to big too quick, there is no reason why this should not happen. I believe we have the infrastructure of the team, the management and the board to do this longer term. All we need is to believe this can happen. I happen to think it could, not necessarily next season but perhaps in 2-3 years time.

Also Accy and dagnum made league two with no major money backer?

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »

I was a critic but I think he has done a decent job he has still made mistakes going back to 4 4 2 keeping perry bringing in Gillespie but a promotion followed by lower mid table is a decent effort

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 11:04:27 PM »

Also Accy and dagnum made league two with no major money backer?
Accrington like macc did spend I'm not sure about degenham but they were merged clubs so probably had a few quid

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »

Like I said, never say never.

If it is going to happen, the roots are already there I believe. It may not be next season but if the club is developed at a steady pace there is no reason why not in the near future. All I'm saying is, don't discount it completely. He got us up in his timescale, had three promotions with Farsley; so why not?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 06:36:22 AM »

I'm pleased with the job Lee has done, and we have had a good season. I'm also impressed with how we have progressed off the pitch. I'm happy being an Alty fan right now.

Never say never regarding getting to the league and it's great to be positive but in terms of infrastructure and support we are still a long way off sustaining a full time set up.

We still have relatively low gates, the ground needs money spending on it, we don't work to the sugar daddy model either.  I think next season will be tougher. I'm not saying this to be negative but just being realistic.

roytonmike

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 07:27:52 AM »

I'm pleased with the job Lee has done, and we have had a good season. I'm also impressed with how we have progressed off the pitch. I'm happy being an Alty fan right now.
Never say never regarding getting to the league and it's great to be positive but in terms of infrastructure and support we are still a long way off sustaining a full time set up.
We still have relatively low gates, the ground needs money spending on it, we don't work to the sugar daddy model either.  I think next season will be tougher. I'm not saying this to be negative but just being realistic.
Excellent post.

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 10:14:35 AM »

Excellent post.

Excellent post indeed. We are going in the right direction, carry on carrying on.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »

Im not a great lover of Sinnot (one of those critics your asking about) but I will hold my hands up where its due.  The team have done well this season.

This is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions and if they are proved wrong then fair enough.

I haven't watched Alty much this season due to ill health. But I keep in touch through the website and forum.

The critics will return at some point in the future when things are not good, its human nature, and as I said already, this is the point of a forum.

Rather speak your mind on here than talk half truths and lies like our politicians are currently doing.

Well done Alty. Well done Sinnot and Tolson. and especially well done to the fans who put the miles in following them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott