PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 14377 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lee Sinnott
« on: April 04, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed the manager/fans meeting last night. Was good to hear of the plans, and how the club are very much on the up, as Ecky so eloquently put. Lee was asked last night about the clubs original ambition to become a league side. I liked Lee's philosophy of saying we will not write the idea off. But the club must be built on in tier level stages. The CSH is tantamount to the clubs growth and Lee gave credit to the club for seeing this through. He talked about growing the club like building blocks at stages at a time.

He did not say the club would get promoted, but I honestly think that as the club would take this in gradual stages, long-term wise it is quite feasible. Here are the stages the club could take, bearing in mind we have the management structure to see this through.

Make small changes but keep the nucleus of the squad we currently have. This is a good squad with some great players, and we have the management structure in Lee and Neil to see this through. This team only needs tweaking a little.

Challenge for at least a play-off spot over the next couple of years. We now have the CSH to help build the club during the close season.

Try for decent cup runs during the next couple of seasons to build up club revenue.

The fans are already coming through the turnstiles in increasing numbers as the averages over the last few years have already shown, especially with the Averages over the years in the Conference.

Will we get the fan-base for 2nd division football? How about the attendance for last year's play-off final.

We are already getting good results, especially in the latter stages of the season, build on those on-going against the bigger clubs. and get ourselves into the top half of the league on a regular basis.

We have a good youth/reserve team system in place now, plus a link with junior football, and a great junior coach in Chris Bullock overseeing things. I have worked with Chris on many occasions from when we were both at Unicorn.

Going full time could become an option over the next couple of years as the club continues to grown while watching it's finances.

Ecky, I know were you were coming from last night at the meeting, we have the board, players, management and fans to come together and see this through, and social activities and infrastructure.

I have my belief back, and I think the club should go for, it over the next couple of years providing it happens in stages, with a little luck it could become our dream again.

Lee and Neil are more than capable of seeing this through, I have believed in both of them from the first time I chatted to Lee at Harrogate. They both said they are not going anywhere also, which I was pleased about!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 07:37:27 PM »

although I agree totally with the sentiment, we should be careful not to suffer second season syndrome next year now the clubs have seen us play
Bernard Taylors barmy army

joe

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »

although I agree totally with the sentiment, we should be careful not to suffer second season syndrome next year now the clubs have seen us play

This. We need to be really wary of SSS.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:56:29 PM »

I think that all depends on who stays and who he brings in. Steve's version of events is a long way from that of John Laidlar, but either as a fan of over 20 years it is nice to see a man with a calm head and a plan leading the club. Well done Lee Sinnott and long may you reign.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »

This. We need to be really wary of SSS.

Lee did actually mention SSS and is on the case.....there may even be a Plan C next season  ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:55:22 AM »

We would need a sugar daddy or crowds 3 thousand to turn pro I'd say so that's not a option

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »

We would need a sugar daddy or crowds 3 thousand to turn pro I'd say so that's not a option
I would tend to agree with this, at the moment is not an option (or at least in my mind, as i dont know the figures). But with higher profile teams in the conference now and our own fan base increasing (albeit slowly) we do not where we will be in say 3/5/10 years time. I do think it will be a struggle but you never know. More and more fans cant afford the extortionate prices of premier league football and lower level football may become more attractive.  But sure will be long haul to get to 3,000 at the current rate.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »

Growing the crowds above, say, two thousand may be extremely difficult. Established Conference clubs like Macc and Kiddy cannot do it and I would argue they are slightly bigger towns.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »

Growing the crowds above, say, two thousand may be extremely difficult. Established Conference clubs like Macc and Kiddy cannot do it and I would argue they are slightly bigger towns.

Macc and kiddy are bigger towns and they havet got two of the biggest clubs in Europe on their doorstep.We would prob get 2k plusif doing well in league two ,3k pluson on a regular basis would probably mean doing well in league one.1.5k pushing for a conf play off place.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »

How many would we take to a Champions League final?
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »

About 15 k , serious answer lol

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 07:32:35 PM »

Depends if it was at Wembley or the Nou Camp
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »

well we took 25 to dover so I reckon at least 50

Come on you red and white........

thegazelle

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »

51 john terry would turn up in an alty shirt

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 09:25:50 PM »

51 john terry would turn up in an alty shirt