PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ground improvements  (Read 13653 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ground improvements
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »

Cant disagree really with any of that

In my expierence the people locally with all the money want more money and will only invest with the potential of an increase on my intial investment

Bloody tight millionaires ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »

First question, what do you feel the club should prioritise for ground improvements.

Any other suggestions?

Well, nobody else has mentioned it yet, so how about undersoil heating or maybe even a retractable roof..........that way we are safe from weather postponements.
Kick out Mark from the TV gantry and replace with some glass fronted executive boxes - volunteers would then be able to still see the game whilst serving food

In all seriousness, the ground and it's facilities just need to be on a par with that of Alfreton, Tamworth, Southport, Hyde etc. The people of the town will come and watch a competitive team at Conf National level - they won't come to home games vs Solihull, Vauxhall and Hinkley however good the facilities are

Generating income on non-match days is the key. How it can be done is the hard bit
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

Generating income on non-match days is the key. How it can be done is the hard bit

I think this is why an upgraded social club would be the way forward. Imagine a room 2 or 3 times the size of our current NWS with a pool table and dart board, enabling us to enter teams in local pool/darts leagues on non match days. I've often thought that a good angle for an upgraded social club would be hosting regular gigs and becoming known as a decent local music venue. We've already got the facility to watch live Premier League football and this would look all the more attractive in a newly extended and refurbished social club. I know you can't just click your fingers and make these things work, but I think these ideas have the potential to bring in decent revenue over time.
Come on Alty!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »

I think this is why an upgraded social club would be the way forward. Imagine a room 2 or 3 times the size of our current NWS with a pool table and dart board, enabling us to enter teams in local pool/darts leagues on non match days. I've often thought that a good angle for an upgraded social club would be hosting regular gigs and becoming known as a decent local music venue. We've already got the facility to watch live Premier League football and this would look all the more attractive in a newly extended and refurbished social club. I know you can't just click your fingers and make these things work, but I think these ideas have the potential to bring in decent revenue over time.

Used to be called the Red Robin Club.. ;)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »

Hit the nail on the head there mr chip pan, but I expect that we'd have a battle with local residents over this kind of thing.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »

I think we should splash out on a new lawnmower....in case the one we bought last year breaks down...or something....

seriously I have every confidence we'll see a mix of improved squad quality and sensible if small ground improvements carefully budgetted by our board..

until we beat crewe and draw utd at OT at which point we should go on a mad spending spree and get that solar panelled retractable roof!

RocketDan

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »

something similar to The Green Man at Forest Green would be a good long term investment - both financially and within the community.

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/about-forest-green-rovers/the-green-man

Hamilton

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »

and make sure we stock Dunham Massey Ales - in fact we could ask them to brew a "Robins Ale."

whopper

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »

I think we should uproot and play in stafford........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »

Maybe Fergy will let us ground share at OT whilst all these jobs are being done  ;) - or more realistically lets just spend a few quid to buy a bit of fencing so that the people on the popular side dont get evicted everytime some club brings over 100 fans.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »

Whilst I think we'd all agree that the first priority from the cup money should be on strengthening our wafer thin playing squad, I think it's a fair point that the ground is looking a bit tired in parts. The last major new build was what the pop side centre roof and the family stand both about 15 years ago now. In an ideal world we could put a roof on the Chequers End and raise the roof to the same height across the whole Pop side. However all that is prohibitively expensive and I think the key as Rocky says is making more revenue on non-matchdays. I like the idea of a gym or expanding the NWS but no idea how feasible or realistic this is?

markecky

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 11:23:09 PM »

I also agree that a new bar/facility is the way forward.

Just a little footnote though in that there have been a few projects done over the years.  We built the new turnstiles (currently not in use) near the pop side, and the new toliets and snack bar as well the Golf Road turnstiles.

I know a fair few grand has gone in each close season to the drainage as well which sort of went unnoticed.

So it's not all gone into the playing squad but most has.

I daresay the actual steps we stand on will need some work in coming years to be honest as well.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »

Bar with Darts and Pool would be a great idea, especially since Rileys relocated.

Is there a sunday league team? Good base to organise 5 a sides at St Vincents from as well (either in a league or socially), plus get a few lads in the bar afterwards.

Hamilton

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »

Bar with Darts and Pool would be a great idea, especially since Rileys relocated.

Is there a sunday league team? Good base to organise 5 a sides at St Vincents from as well (either in a league or socially), plus get a few lads in the bar afterwards.

Where's Rileys gone? Spent many an hour there giving away lots of fouls!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »

Where's Rileys gone? Spent many an hour there giving away lots of fouls!

Broadheath Wharf road near the Nvai pub
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements