PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ground improvements  (Read 13656 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Ground improvements
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 09:35:11 PM »

I agree. Players come and go, and as important as it is to spend on the squad you cannot neglect infrastructure either. It is the long term foundation of the club.

You would be seriously surprised how much things cost, for example Wimbledon recently replaced the small covered terrace behind the goal that we were in for our first two trips there with a modest 9 row seated stand, it cost just under 1million. I understand our main stand cost about 50,000 in the late 60's. The maths are about right.

We do need better facilities, we have the capacity no issue but our toilets are poor, especially for away fans and we need to make decent disabled supporters accommodation, whether we have them or not, they may not come because they can't but football league regulations require provision and we should be ready regardless of the Equalities Act.  Glad to hear the PA is being sorted, no further commen beyond that.
agree with this as well building of any description these days is very expensive

Raw materials etc labour plans planning permissions etc etc working on your house is a massive cost these days never mind a footy ground

But we have to move out of the 70s someday

I blame all the tight local millionaires
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:36:44 PM by Bob »

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

Bog wise, the toilets at the Golf Road end are like a palace. 

I often wonder if Warren Peyton had the plans upside down as the karzie is the size of G-Mex whilst the snack bar is like a dolls house.

I thought this word was only ever used in "Carry On" films!

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »

where is Rob O'Neil's stadium improvement plan when you need it?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:00:08 PM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

AT

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:36:50 PM »

where is Rob O'Neil's stadium improvement plan when you need it?

The roof terraces and the John Mcaliskey wine bar could be a massive hit.

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »

1) Pull down all the old and out of date sponsor boards.
2) Focus on refilling them up with new contracts, even at reduced costs to get in income for a least one season.
3) Toilet block for away supporters and snack bar that can be used by the family stand and away supporters.
4) Mend the faulty flags on the mausoleum.

I wouldnt spend anymore after that, as that will pretty much eat up most of the money anyway.

Anything left over or income generated to spent on the playing squad and bribing referees.

JDN

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »

Seriously we do not need to be spending money on facilities whilst we are in this league (other than mending the PA system) - just look at the sh*tholes we visit

All additional monies should be spent on the team - to get us out of this league

And of course the biggest income generator for any club is always a winning team - no point having losing team but great facilities, as no one will come to use them

Football comes first

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »

Seriously we do not need to be spending money on facilities whilst we are in this league (other than mending the PA system) - just look at the sh*tholes we visit

All additional monies should be spent on the team - to get us out of this league

And of course the biggest income generator for any club is always a winning team - no point having losing team but great facilities, as no one will come to use them

Football comes first

I do tend to agree, but the only money i would spend in my points 1-4 is toilets and snack bar. We dont need it to be the size of the home end though. Say it costs £30k to build that will still leave us something like £20k or more for the increased playing budget.

On the flip side I can see £50k on the playing budget will help alot it is all a balancing act on updating the ground and trying to get promotion.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:59 AM »

Interesting debate,..but what would benefit the club most in the longer term? Think about it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »

Interesting debate,..but what would benefit the club most in the longer term? Think about it.
thats easy a win on Thursday :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »

Just two further comments guys. The only reason I mentioned the small roof over the away end was to keep away fans at the Chequers end, instead of encroaching onto our popular side.

Re the comments I mentioned concerning the new snackbar toilets in the away end, this would also allow the club to rid itself of those portable toilets as well.

Finally, lets see what our final total is generated from our cup runs. we have not yet seen how far we can go with these, but we have to keep the ground acceptable for Conference premier and league standards in the long term.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »

2 sides to the coin here

One side invest in the squad and hope we get into the play offs (still a risk as whoever you spend your wages on has to perform and improve the squad and we know money alone does not buy success but it helps)

Or spend some on the ground and the squad to try and improve future revenue for the club I like some of teasers ideas but again it's still a risk as I actually don't believe spending money on facilities for away fans should be any type of priority as its home town fans we need to encourage away fans will come pretty much regardless

I am a fan of option 2 squad and improvements and a win Thursday please !

Up the reds !
Come on you red and white........

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »

There is no point in us sitting here bleating on about Trafford millionaires that we spend the other half of time slagging off for being sugar daddies.

What we need is the ground to have as many ways possible of enervating income on as many days of week as possible.

I hate to say it but the FGR option is worth considering with respect to their gym facility, it always looks fuller than the terraces. With all the yummy mummies and supposed bulging wallets of even the area around the ground this could have a good patronage.

Then an extended NWS could get Friday and Sunday weddings, company convention space et al.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »

There is no point in us sitting here bleating on about Trafford millionaires that we spend the other half of time slagging off for being sugar daddies.

What we need is the ground to have as many ways possible of enervating income on as many days of week as possible.

I hate to say it but the FGR option is worth considering with respect to their gym facility, it always looks fuller than the terraces. With all the yummy mummies and supposed bulging wallets of even the area around the ground this could have a good patronage.

Then an extended NWS could get Friday and Sunday weddings, company convention space et al.

i didn't really bleat on about it it was more tongue in cheek tbh 

I meant more along the lines of these types wanting to sponsor games and boards etc

I have seen what " gifts and loans" can do to clubs including ours and its not pretty nor a route I am sure any of us would want again

Oh about that 100 k I gave you...... Yeah I need it back....... No thanks
ParkINson's red and white army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »

If my memory serves me right, then one of the long term plans might have been to demolish the current club shop building, construct a new club shop and office block and clear out the existing offices to extend the sponsors lounge space. A good plan though we would probably need to reach the third round to have the funds to do it.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »

i didn't really bleat on about it it was more tongue in cheek tbh 

I meant more along the lines of these types wanting to sponsor games and boards etc

I have seen what " gifts and loans" can do to clubs including ours and its not pretty nor a route I am sure any of us would want again

Oh about that 100 k I gave you...... Yeah I need it back....... No thanks

That was pointed at the last ten years of bleating by all of us.

However I have to say even boards a match sponsorship would have to rely on a certain level of ego stroking.

I can understand successful local companies rubber stamping their dominance on their marketplace by plastering their name all over the club, especially on good cup runs!

However I just don't see national companies Marketing managers sponsoring us as the exposure is very low. These marketing VP's no matter how well paid and senior cannot spend funds on personal whims, a shame for us but true.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements