PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ground improvements  (Read 13651 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ground improvements
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

Hi All it's Steve from Sale back again after finally getting my password sorted.

First question, what do you feel the club should prioritise for ground improvements.

If I can chip in a little myself, I would mirror the snack bar toilets at the Chequers end in the corner, with the one we already have at the Golf Road End. we could also put a small roof at the chequers end, but I feel this may be challenged by the behind chequers end houses. Also feel we could replace the entrance turnstiles to be like the Gold Road ones.

Any other suggestions?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ground improvements
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »

Rather get a striker to be honest
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »

I am in favour of sprucing up the ground so Thursday really is massive the further we can progress the more we can do in the squad and the ground
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:48:50 PM »

Sooner or later the old roof on the Golf Road End will need replacing, as will the two old sections of roofing on the popular side. However, I feel that if we're going to spend money, we should try and spend it on things that will help us make more money in the future, eg. extending and renovating the Noel White Suite.
Come on Alty!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »

Any official commentss from the club at this stage on what they may decide to do??

Just curious thats all.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

Obviously it would depend on how much is available. For me the priority would be to spend money on things that would generate revenue. A roof at the chequers would be pointless because it would be expensive, is unnecessary for grading and would bring no money in.  Another snack bar and toilet block at that end makes more sense.  You could also look at better segregation fencing on the popular side.

That said, I don't actually think that much would be available for the ground if we need to strengthen the squad.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:55:15 PM by Bob »

temp alty

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »

Plough any spare cash into the squad, toilets don't win league titles, players do

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »

Plough any spare cash into the squad, toilets don't win league titles, players do

Totally agree we have a good team let's make it a good squad

joe

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

Sooner or later the old roof on the Golf Road End will need replacing, as will the two old sections of roofing on the popular side. However, I feel that if we're going to spend money, we should try and spend it on things that will help us make more money in the future, eg. extending and renovating the Noel White Suite.

This. The Noel White suite could be a big money spinner if extended,renovated and used correctly. Also bang on the money with the bits of ground that need sprucing up.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »

This. The Noel White suite could be a big money spinner if extended,renovated and used correctly. Also bang on the money with the bits of ground that need sprucing up.
totally agree;  toilets dont win titles that is quite correct but good amenities  make families more likley to come to the ground for that first time meaning future revenue
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:18:26 PM by wayno »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

Improving the team/squad should be first priority.
Second priority should be attracting more home/casual supporters.
Bottom of the list is spending money on the comfort of the away fans as they will come anyway no matter what our facilities are and the only factor that would may decide whether they attend or not is the likelihood of their team getting a point or three - and we shouldnt make that attractive!  We do more than enough letting them use part of the popular side when it is raining.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 09:23:45 PM »

Bog wise, the toilets at the Golf Road end are like a palace. 

I often wonder if Warren Peyton had the plans upside down as the karzie is the size of G-Mex whilst the snack bar is like a dolls house.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

You would be seriously surprised how much things cost, for example Wimbledon recently replaced the small covered terrace behind the goal that we were in for our first two trips there with a modest 9 row seated stand, it cost just under 1million. I understand our main stand cost about 50,000 in the late 60's. The maths are about right.

We do need better facilities, we have the capacity no issue but our toilets are poor, especially for away fans and we need to make decent disabled supporters accommodation, whether we have them or not, they may not come because they can't but football league regulations require provision and we should be ready regardless of the Equalities Act.  Glad to hear the PA is being sorted, no further commen beyond that.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »

After seeing Worcesters ground today Moss Lane feels tip top!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »

You would be seriously surprised how much things cost, for example Wimbledon recently replaced the small covered terrace behind the goal that we were in for our first two trips there with a modest 9 row seated stand, it cost just under 1million. I understand our main stand cost about 50,000 in the late 60's. The maths are about right.

We do need better facilities, we have the capacity no issue but our toilets are poor, especially for away fans and we need to make decent disabled supporters accommodation, whether we have them or not, they may not come because they can't but football league regulations require provision and we should be ready regardless of the Equalities Act.  Glad to hear the PA is being sorted, no further commen beyond that.
agree with this as well building of any description these days is very expensive

Raw materials etc labour plans planning permissions etc etc working on your house is a massive cost these days never mind a footy ground

But we have to move out of the 70s someday

I blame all the tight local millionaires
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ground improvements