News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message for Robbie Lawton or any other player who cares as much

Author Topic: Message for Robbie Lawton or any other player who cares as much  (Read 1569 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »

I have just spent the last half hour reading my fellow fans comments about yesterdays game which I also attended. We are all feeling very low and let down after yesterday, as I hope the rest of the team are. I also know Robbie that you always play with heart, and care about the team like we do, and you must also be very disappointed by yesterday with not being able to play a part in the game through injury.

I always enjoy reading your page in the programme, because it gives us more of an insight into what goes through a players mind on the pitch and makes us understand our players point of view a lot better. We can keep our ear closer to the dressing room via your goodself. I am sure it must have been very fustrating watching from the sidelines and I hope we see you back very soon.

However, I and my fellow fans are upset what happened on the pitch yesterday. The money would have helped the club immensley, but all I have had are just memories of what the FA cup used to be, and how wewere a very feared team. I do not hold the current management team entirely responsible for what happened yesterday, but I do think every player on the pitch should take a good long look at themselves. We still idolise the team as much as we have always done, but I still feel the players let us and themselves down yesterday.

I am sorry if some of them were offended by the shouts towards and after the end of the match, but I fully understood the fans behaviour and will not condone it.

All I am asking for if the players perspective of what went wrong, and how we can help to change things because I felt we got behind the team. Are some of the players worried that if we get a much larger revenue stream they may lose their place, because this was a lost opportunity to help the club immensly. We did not seem to have any fight in us, especially as the game went on. The players we have, had the talent to beat Witton comfortably, yet we struggled all the way through the game and I have to say Witton deserved their win.

I do not know if you or any of the other players read our fans site, but if someone could pin this on the dressing room wall that that will be enough for me. You should all need no more motivation than the FA Cup. I can take defeats so long as we have effort and application. I hope you can put a few notes down on this page to give us your views and  possibly that of the other players in the squad, because you all owe us some explanation. I am sorry but I do not want to wait until your programme notes next Saturday to read about it. I think we would rather read something here.

I have no axe to grind with you Robbie, you have always given 100pc effort. I hope your injury clears up soon. I hope you do not find my email offensive, but I hold the players responsible more that the management team at present. Trya dn give a good account of yourselves in the next game and restore our faith in the team which despite the result, we still idolise!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Robbie Lawton or any other player who cares as much
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:22:28 PM »

Great stuff Steve just one question however is the manager not just as accountable as the team?

He has overall responsibilty and controll of motvation passion and tactics

For me they all should be held to account players and managment
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »

I reckon we could debate this issue til the cows come home Wayne.

Assuming that the Management of a team gives instructions to the players which ought, in a set of normal circumstances, lead to a satisfactory result.

On one side there is the view that once the players have crossed the white line the management really cannot do anything other than hope that they do as they were instructed.

On the other hand there is a view that management should have strong enough character / control of the players to be able to exert sufficient influence to get the players back on track in the event that they don't follow instructions.

As a point of information - I don't know which side I am on at any one time

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »

See Carl Heeley's post match comments on the Club Site following Worcester's defeat at Godalming !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team