News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today/Our Lads Fitness...

Author Topic: Today/Our Lads Fitness...  (Read 4736 times)

markecky

« on: February 14, 2015, 05:55:59 PM »

One of the best performances of the season today I thought, we should have have won it but would a neutral have known which team where the full time high earners?  An enjoyable game.

One of the things that stood out for me today was the fitness of our players.  We have them Tues and Thurs night for an 2 hours tops and they have to do a lot of work in their own time.

At the end the FGR lads were out on their feet.  I know they had ten men for the last 20 or so but still this season I have never seen us tire.  It's a credit to them.

Looking forward to Bristol Rovers who should not underestimate us.

Jimmy

Re: Today/Our Lads Fitness...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »

If I was a neutral I wouldev been amazed that we were the part timers

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »

I'd like to thank all the players on both teams for making that one of the most enjoyable games I've seen all season. I know it's not cool on here to congratulate FGR, but in fairness to them, they never came across as overpaid pre-Madonnas and even with 10 men they still came at us looking for a winner. I've never been to a boxing bout in my life, but I'd happily pay to see Tom Marshall, Jon Parkin, Kyle Perry and their number 26 in the ring! A draw was probably fair, though we probably had enough chances to win the game. Both teams looked buggered at the end, but make no mistake, FGR will know they were in a game today. Well done to everyone at Alty - really proud of that performance, in fact, lots of our performances lately.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »

It's certainly a breath of fresh air we've maintained such good fitness this season. We used to all hold our hands up when we are beaten by a side technically better 2005-2011 but this time it seems we better in other areas including fitness. Kyle Perry totally deserved his starting place today.

As a side note it's great to read such positive comments from the FG manager in the BBC report.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:59:14 PM »

I don't think Bristol will underestimate us. They have lost four. One against us.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 11:41:13 PM »

It's certainly a breath of fresh air we've maintained such good fitness this season. We used to all hold our hands up when we are beaten by a side technically better 2005-2011 but this time it seems we better in other areas including fitness. Kyle Perry totally deserved his starting place today.

As a side note it's great to read such positive comments from the FG manager in the BBC report.

Yeah, I listened to that interview with FGR boss from the BBC website and I think that must be the most praise I've heard an opposition manager give us this season. Pleasing to hear when coming from one of the better sides in the division.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 12:25:58 AM »

Our fitness is good because

A) it is
B) we're a young side

C) most importantly we're good technically and at keeping possession so we don't spend 70% of the game chasing after full time shadows.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:40:07 AM »

Our fitness is good because

A) it is

B) we're a young side

C) most importantly we're good technically and at keeping possession so we don't spend 70% of the game chasing after full time shadows.

By my calculations, the average age of the 10 outfield players who started the match against Forest Green Rovers yesterday is 27.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:18 AM »

That's relatively young.

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 07:28:53 AM »

Yeah, I listened to that interview with FGR boss from the BBC website and I think that must be the most praise I've heard an opposition manager give us this season. Pleasing to hear when coming from one of the better sides in the division.
Everyone should listen to that interview - not least for his comments at the end about his own fans' expectations, which could equally well be applied to some of our own followers. The guy talked a great deal of sense & I would commend him for his attitude.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 07:42:16 AM »

I didn't hear the interview but if his team is as expensive as been suggested their fans will expect as for us the quality we are showing is making fans expect when we talked about the game per game nobody I was with thought we would lose

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »

Where is the link please ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »

Shows how far this team has come ... With all due respect seems to have disappeared :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team