News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today, and their keeper

Author Topic: Today, and their keeper  (Read 2788 times)

andrewflynn

Today, and their keeper
« on: October 23, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »

It's not that we didn't play badly, it's just so frustrating that for an FA Cup game we showed so little passion. Only a handful looked arsed, could have done with one of Lawton or Danylyk who fully give a toss; something we needed today. Too many half-clearances, inviting pressure onto ourselves and to be honest there was only going to be one team to score. Frustrating and disappointing. Why was Clee so deep? And why when 1-0 down do we take a striker off?

Reality is there are going to be numerous games like this coming up in the season, but I think Wes Baynes looked good and after a few games and training sessions forming understanding we could fully utilise him down one wing and Clee down the other.

I think I could have accepted this a bit more in the league, they were extremely good defensively and their entire defence didn't put a foot wrong all game. But it's the FA Cup, a winnable home-tie, and despite predicting 0-0 I expected more fire from us today..

If anyone wants to know what their keeper said, I've been told it was something like 'That was Brazil against Boys, we were toying around with you.' Aimed at younger fans behind the goal who were giving him the usual stick.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today, and their keeper
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »

We didn't play badly? I was at a differnt game to youu
ParkINson's red and white army

62vintage

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:39:11 PM »

To play badly, we would have had to turn up!

The Undertaker

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »

it just looked like we were not bothered   :-\

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »

It's his opinion fair enough, the constant abuse given to goalies is boring too 

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »

We have played a lot worse than we did today. I think because we were expecting so much more in terms of how much the players would want it, it has made the performance seem ten times worse. Still awful, and I agree that we didn't turn up.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:11:56 PM by TimperleyRobin »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »

Their keeper was an absolute joey, what I heard him say was "We played like Brazil today, played you off the park".

Knobber.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »

Their keeper was an absolute joey, what I heard him say was "We played like Brazil today, played you off the park".

Knobber.

That raised a smile - a good while since I have heard anyone being called a Joey!

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:52 AM »

Oh was that it? I was close enough. He seemed to back off as soon as the majority of remaining fans clocked what was going on and started having a go.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »

Knobber.

That raised a smile - a good while since I have heard anyone being called a Joey!

;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today, and their keeper