Pitch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Pitch  (Read 13148 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 03:32:25 PM »

It will be nice to hear the plans for the pitch. IMO the main project affecting the club.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »

Amazing. We used to be football experts but now we've suddenly become drainage experts.  ;D

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 05:20:08 PM »

The current state of the pitch is nothing compared to that of the Unibond winning season (1998/99 i think), and that was long before the houses were built on the car park, which remember had a building and a hard surface already , so no real change. A slope isn't going to make a difference to the build up of ground water that most likely comes from the the hill up towards Hale Road.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »

i think a cheap trial would be to dig a hole close to the golf road/pop side corner, fill it with soakaway crates, and rent a pump of Stuart Coburn. Let it fill up then pump the water out and see what effect it has on the pitch.

I think a load of soak away crates are the way forward but like you said it would need to be linked up so that they can be pumped empty but I think it would be the best option. Or have crates with drainage pipes under ground out of the ground and connect the into the street drainage.

I am sure the club will update everyone soon but some of the theories on here are becoming comical  ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:44:38 PM by PukkaPieman »

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 07:46:38 PM »

We will update you on our latest thinking in the Lawrence and Bill broadcast tomorrow,  Plus a bunch of other stuff too

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 10:07:47 PM »

We will update you on our latest thinking in the Lawrence and Bill broadcast tomorrow,  Plus a bunch of other stuff too
Bill restores sanity.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »

Bill restores sanity.

He might be suffering from cabin fever as much as the rest of us

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 08:53:20 AM »

i heard that we need a new pitch. i didn't hear anything about how the inherent drainage problem might be resolved.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 09:00:30 AM »

i heard that we need a new pitch. i didn't hear anything about how the inherent drainage problem might be resolved.
I thought that too. Surely 400K has got to incorporate a drainage solution. It’d be pointless getting a new pitch that would continue to sit underwater in the rainy season (which is anytime).

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 10:12:12 AM »

I think by the term 'pitch' they meant the whole system including drainage and not just the playing surface.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2021, 10:17:37 AM »

I thought that too. Surely 400K has got to incorporate a drainage solution. It’d be pointless getting a new pitch that would continue to sit underwater in the rainy season (which is anytime).

I understand that the ‘new pitch’ incorporates new drainage, sprinklers ....the lot. The turf is only the pretty bit that sits on the top, the vast majority of the cost is what goes on underneath with the drains and soils etc. The playing surface would continue to be changed every close season, as is done at the moment, albeit it wasn’t done the past summer because of Covid restrictions and timescales.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »

Its a lot but i'd assume its some sort of grass / artifical mix as most premier league ones are, sounds like a fortune so we'd need FA and Man Utd to chip in I would have thought
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2021, 01:05:17 PM »

Its a lot but i'd assume its some sort of grass / artifical mix as most premier league ones are, sounds like a fortune so we'd need FA and Man Utd to chip in I would have thought
Think  hybrid pitch would be £1m +, like the one mentioned at Borehamwood. Think we would see a high quality well drained grass surface with a 25 year planned lifespan. Club are well on with this, and in close season will see some temporary 1 season remedial action.

Maybe MU will pitch in and assist if they want to use the venue more.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2021, 01:42:46 PM »

Just to clarify - by a new pitch we do mean including a relaying of everything, including new drainage, sprinklers and the lot.  The alternative is a full refurbishment, including drains, and to give an idea of the magnitude of that task the cost is greater than the last five (and more) years expenditure on the pitch combined.

We are determined to have a pitch at The J. Davidson Stadium that allows us to consistently play football in the style to which you have all become accustomed.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2021, 03:02:51 PM »

Might be cheaper to leave it as it is and appoint Liam Watson or Tim Flowers (Not a serious comment before anyone thinks)
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch