News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tom Marshall

Author Topic: Tom Marshall  (Read 3504 times)

bumble

Tom Marshall
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »

Thought he had a superb game and his finish was brilliant.

Arguably the toughest tallest most physical front line we'll face. Protected Dave Parton extremely well today. Showed some great composure at times, I've said before that he is suited to certain games. I still believe Luca and Scott should play as and when the combination is available but he commanded  the defence well. Plenty of elbows left in, didn't rise to it and just kept on.

As for the rest of the team, we were extremely poor first 10 especially given how we've played in recent weeks. But as the half grew so did we. Simon Richman never stopped running. Cav dragged us through to half time, and once we started to pass we caused problems.

felt sorry for Damien today as every single ball to him, a player came straight through him.

Dave Parton kicking was poor but he made one superb save that if stu had made we'd be discussing for a while. Bit of a mistake at the end by not talking but his last two games have seen 4 points (much better than at Barnet.)

Superb grafting performance today, and whilst we didn't perhaps play football throughout we deserved our.point today.

Finally warm. .

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Marshall
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:22:26 PM »

Wonder if Tom and Dave Parton will start against Macc?

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »

Tom for me was MOM last Saturday.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

There are one or two players in our squad who are proving the doubters (myself included) wrong. Tom, Kyle, James, Ryan and even Cav have had a rough ride in some quarters, but the manager's loyalty towards them seems to be reaping dividends now. Another excellent result today against a full time team who enjoy an enormous budget at this level. A big well done to Lee and the lads, I thought we'd struggle to get anything from the last 5 games - 8 points is really amazing.

Red robin

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »

Great point lads if we compete like this we are definitely staying  up.Great GOALLLLL by Marshall, we look great when we pass it about.Well done lads keep going.

ripleym

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

Very few replies on this thread.  I presume had he been directly responsible for a losing goal, we would hear more about it?

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »

Or Pehaps not many replies because very few went to comment on his display

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:31 PM »

Very few replies on this thread.  I presume had he been directly responsible for a losing goal, we would hear more about it?
didn't go so no comment - I take it you went?

For me Marshall makes way for Leather against Macc 100%

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »

Thought he had a superb game and his finish was brilliant.

Arguably the toughest tallest most physical front line we'll face. Protected Dave Parton extremely well today. Showed some great composure at times, I've said before that he is suited to certain games. I still believe Luca and Scott should play as and when the combination is available but he commanded  the defence well. Plenty of elbows left in, didn't rise to it and just kept on.

As for the rest of the team, we were extremely poor first 10 especially given how we've played in recent weeks. But as the half grew so did we. Simon Richman never stopped running. Cav dragged us through to half time, and once we started to pass we caused problems.

felt sorry for Damien today as every single ball to him, a player came straight through him.

Dave Parton kicking was poor but he made one superb save that if stu had made we'd be discussing for a while. Bit of a mistake at the end by not talking but his last two games have seen 4 points (much better than at Barnet.)

Superb grafting performance today, and whilst we didn't perhaps play football throughout we deserved our.point today.

Finally warm. .

Totally agree. Tom Marshall was very good on Sat. If there are question marks about him, then its when he gets turned. Very composed when facing play and would have been a worthy MOM on Saturday, great goal too. I also thought Peter Cavanagh was excellent, the type of player you need in games like that.

Can't make Macc on Saturday but hope we can put in a decent performance
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tom Marshall